G N' R Club Tour 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I Move in Mysterious Ways

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Anyone planning on going? I might take a shot at getting tickets to the HOB show in Chicago when they go on sale Friday.

2/10 Roseland Ballroom, New York
2/12 Terminal 5, New York
2/15 The Ritz (Webster Hall), New York
2/19 House of Blues, Chicago
2/23 The Fillmore, Silver Spring, MD
2/24 House of Blues, Atlantic City, NJ

Guns N' Roses Announce Six-Date U.S. Club Tour | Music News | Rolling Stone

I would consider seeing one of these shows for the trainwreck value alone. They do have some decent tracks though

Well, the club shows are still the newer lineup, not vintage Guns. That's why I was torn about spending the money on a band that has reshuffled its members multiple times since the mid-90's and an incredibly erratic frontman. The selling point for me was that the House of Blues Chicago has about 1000 person capacity, making it about the smallest venue they've played in a long time. And I'm hearing nothing but good things out of New York thus far, so we'll see how it goes. Of course I'd be more excited if Slash, Izzy and Duff were on stage (or even Robin Finck and Buckethead), but I'm still looking forward to it.

Yeah, it looked like a cool place to see a show. HOB Chicago is actually one of my favorite venues. The floor is pretty small and can start to feel like a trampoline quickly. Great place if you want a small concert in a place that isn't a dive.

Reunion talks ?

Seems to be limited to the Rock Hall of Fame thuse far, and so far the only indication is that every one from vintage Guns will be there. No word on a performance.

I'm not sure whether a reunion tour or anything like that is feasible anytime soon. Axl seems content with his band's current lineup, even if he knows who the fans really want to see.

The man was a part of TWO great albums(I only count Use Your Illusion as one, the rest is filler), one decent, and two shit albums.

How does he still have this kind of ego? For 13 years he told us he was going to change music, explore new ground, etc, etc and gave us one big piece of shit of an album.

What a waste...

The Rock HOF said they're inducting him anyway.

This is just another sad case of a fading rock star overestimating his own legacy. The guy hasn't done anything significant in 20 years and is notorious for finding new ways to hold what loyal fans he has left hostage.

The new lineup is nothing special. I did end up going to the House of Blues Chicago show and was treated to a very average rock concert. They took the stage before midnight and played until just after 3 AM. It was at least an hour too long. I'm sorry, but when it's quarter after 2, I don't want to hear Richard Fortus play the Bond theme for 10 minutes or Bumblefoot play The Pink Panther. Most of the songs fell surprisingly flat, even classics like Welcome to the Jungle and November Rain. It's not like the current lineup is devoid of talent, but they're sort of a mess as unit. Every band member looks and performs like they belong in a different band. Axl . . . actually still has it to a certain extent. He put plenty of energy into the whole thing (except for the dozen or so potty breaks). But it wasn't enough to make the overall performance anything other than "just ok."

Back
Top Bottom