Future of the Left: TRAVELS WITH MYSELF AND ANOTHER - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #46
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 09:11 AM
Curses has one of the best little blurbs on the sticker on the CD packaging I've seen.

"Future of the Left, 0.8 more Pitchforky than mclusky!"

Old 12-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

LOL

I have never seen that. Fucking fantastic. Almost as good as the "PLEASE don't steal this album!!!!!" plea, on the new Cam'ron joint.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I keep forgetting to post this in here. This is like a month old, at this point, but at least those who care will know...

Quote:
Announcement

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone that's supported me in this band over the past 5 years, everyone that I've met at shows all over the world and all the bands I've had the pleasure to play gigs with. I'd like to wish Andy and Jack the best for the future.

Kelson
Quote:
another announcement!
Right. Events. Evidence. History. Facts. Happenings. Good, bad and inbetween. Firstly, Kelson has left the band - his statement, if that doesn't sound too formal, precedes this blog entry. How do we(*1) feel about it, as a band? Well, sad, happy, annoyed and relieved at the same time. Like human beings, all told. Future of the left is still a band, a thing, the centre of our unremarkable lives and continues, if anything, with more effort and furious pride than ever before. We wish Kelson good luck and hope that he flourishes in whatever he ends up doing, unless it's monster truck racing(*2).

So, to the future, that gassy mess - In the short term, we're playing the following shows. Steven, of Oceansize and Kong should-be fame will be filling in, although the word 'filling' doesn't really do the role justice.

3-Jun-10 uk birmingham rainbow
4-Jun-10 uk london the lexington, Club COG and White Light presents
5-Jun-10 uk nottingham 580's

9-Jun-10 France Tours Aucard de Tours festival, main stage

8-Jul-10 croatia Pula Marelica club, Art & Music festival

16-Jul-10 uk cheltenham 2000trees festival
17-Jul-10 uk wrexham central station
18-Jul-10 uk manchester moho live, aftershow club

25-Jul-10 uk oxford truck fest, barn stage

- a full list of shows is to follow. I'm excited. It's like I'm wearing new jeans and my balls have been optimised for rock musicing. It's like a fresh start in a new town with a sexy ghost robot.

Writing for the new record has begun and we're already many songs down the road, written and demo'd - titles include 'assisted suicide blues', 'home taping is killing susan', 'the goose that roared', 'forest is sorry' and 'destroywhitchurch.com'. They sound really fucking nice and, in time, you'll get to hear them through the usual channels (who am I kidding - you'll get to hear them through bittorrent).

These songs, such as they are, were recorded with our soon-to-revealed fourth member, whose main role(s) in the band are to play guitar and act like a fucking maniac. We began writing songs for what we thought would be another band (I hate the term 'project', because I enjoy hating thoroughly harmless terms(*3)) but it all ended up sounding so perfectly like where Future of the Left should have been going that it seemed ridiculous to not combine the two.

Yes. Trust. Reward. Satisfaction. Excitement. I guarantee it. The four-piece version of the band will be out and about sometime later this year. It's going to be fun. If you don't like it - see you around.

falcustomhatchback

ps. This blog entry will be updated as more shows are confirmed ...

(*1) Jack and I.
(*2) admittedly, it's unlikely to be monster truck racing.
(*3) and Tories.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #49
Blue Meth Addict

So who is the guy that left? Drummer? Other guitar/bass player?
Old 06-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Sorry, the bass player. The guy from Jarcrew.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #51
Blue Meth Addict

That sucks, I liked him.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:20 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

He was a fucking lunatic. He once signed and openly ridiculed me. He was, and most likely still is, a god among men. I will miss him.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:27 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

YouTube - FUTURE OF THE LEFT-CLOAK AND DAGGER@THE WAREHOUSE CALGARY AB

Maybe there's no point in even posting that video, because it's not the outrageous performance of "Cloak the Dagger" which closed their most recent Chicago show. As I have said before, it was well in excess of 10 minutes, it saw Kelso drink nearly an entire bottle of Jameson (during the song), and it eventually saw him not just jump into the audience to close out the song...it saw him jump into the audience, completely disappear, and finally emerge (without his bass, which made it back to the stage several minutes before he did) wearing somebody else's clothes. He dug his boots into me while climbing my back only to stagger about on stage and kick his bass. He was in the bathroom for the last few minutes of the song. It was INCREDIBLE.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:35 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

And here's an historically bad Jarcrew video. Painful. I love this song, though. Good memories, good guy, terrible lip-syncer.

YouTube - Jarcrew - Paris & The New Math [Video]