fun. - Aim and Ignite - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Old 09-16-2009, 02:18 AM   #1
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 10:29 AM
fun. - Aim and Ignite

As a fan of The Format, I was delighted to find that the lead singer, Nate Ruess, had started a new band (with Andrew Dost from Anathallo and Jack Antonoff from Steel Train). fun.'s debut, Aim and Ignite is a poppy, playful, and slightly over-the-top joy ride, at least for me. If you're familiar with the Format, you'll probably find this to be a better produced, more expansive Dog Problems. Mixed in with what sounds like church choirs, strings, ska lines of trumpets, and a few piano ballads are the themes of love, loss, and...the 80s?

I've tried my best to sum up the album, because I really can't find any reputable magazines that have reviewed it, but, just maybe let the music speak for itself?

YouTube - fun. - All The Pretty Girls [AUDIO]

YouTube - Walking the Dog- fun [[Album Version- HQ]]

bono_212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:37 AM   #2
A childless dog
Local Time: 10:29 AM
I thought fame and fortunate had crushed this guy, but no, even after months of giving away his band's album for free, he never Cobain'd it up. No, he actually resurfaced with...pretty much Dog Problems with a larger budget. No matter. I love this guy's lyrics, and the music is so fun (lzollzozlzlzozlzlozlzz) and ambitious. It's just as infectious as The Format's work, just with more instruments. I mean, Dog Problems is one of those albums I have an extreme emotional connection to, and I can't expect that to be replicated. Just the same, he made a good effort. 8/10 from me.

LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote

fun., the format