Frusciante leaves RHCP?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guit...left-red-hot-chili-peppers-says-source-229551

I for one do not consider these news particularly tragic, since I stopped caring about the band around By the Way, as I was hugely unsatisfied with the direction the band was taking (with Frusciante being the primary force behind it). Maybe I am in the minority, but I consider One Hot Minute to be hugely underrated and better than anything that came after it.

1. Cut a hole in the box.

2. That article's from January.

3. Frusciante's had a solo career for a long time. He has about 10 albums.

4. Frusciante's the only good part of the RHCP. Kiedis ruins everything, normally.

Whoops, it was originally the wrong link. Corrected now.

It would be odd if Klinghoffer replaced Frusciante considering Klinghoffer's only connection with the band is through Frusciante himself.

4. Frusciante's the only good part of the RHCP.

Flea is a hell of a rock bassist.

There has been buzz about John being out for months and months, but there has been nothing in the way of official announcements from the band...people on RHCP forum, who follow RHCP the way we follow U2, are wondering why, if the band was sure either way(John in/out), why wouldn't they make an announcement, and perhaps they're leaving a window open.

Blood sugar sex magic=:love::hyper::heart:
One hot minute=:drool:
Californication=:hmm::up:
By the way=:|
Stadium arcadium=......hmm...dont have a smiley for utter bullshit...

so im not sure how much i care if frusciante leaves or not they've been gettin progresively worse now for 14 years

poop.gif

Keidis is the worst thing about the band, but it's not all as bad as pfan thinks

No, he is. There's literally nothing good that he does. He's not a good vocalist, he's not good at writing melodies, and he's probably one of the worst rock lyricists ever.

by the way is my favourite :shrug:

I like it, too. Never understood all the hate for it.

But, RHCP without Frusciante is pretty sucky. I understand the criticisms of Keidis but RHCP are those 4 guys and nobody else*. Keidis is a fun frontman and when I saw them live I couldn't even tell that he couldn't sing. All I knew is that every member of the band was working their ass off onstage and it fucking rocked. The people in the far corners of the nosebleeds seemed to think so, too.

*since as long as it's mattered anyway

I dont think you can really 'sing' to a Hot Pepper song. so its a plus that Keidas kinda shouts his lyrics out in most, makes them sound nice and rebellious.

Pretty much how I feel about it.

John really doesn't like the fans too much. He always seems like everything is a pain in the ass. Like he would prefer to just play to a empty stadium. He says he doesn't like autographs. One time he said he wasn't that big a fan of funk. He is like sid barrett , except he can still make music after losing his mind. In fact has made far more music then he ever did. Well, at least maybe this means they can do one hot minute live again. one hot minute is RHCP'S pop. In fact the i have been on their forums and its exactly like this one. Setlist stinks,OHM stinks, the entire last 10 years stink etc. Ironic the harsh criticism directed at the chilli peppers considering its the same exact criticism directed at u2 by the anti-u2 people that people bitch about on here. Please, i love bono, but he's far more a love em or hate em guy then anthony k. is.

I dont think you can really 'sing' to a Hot Pepper song. so its a plus that Keidas kinda shouts his lyrics out in most, makes them sound nice and rebellious.

Which wouldn't be as much of a problem if his lyrics weren't astoundingly horrid.

The only thing that Kiss had going for themselves was good merchandising. Otherwise, they sucked. They sucked so much they couldn't even cut a "live" album because they kept fuckin up during the shows they were attempting to record for said album. Instead, they went into the studio and edited the songs so that they sounded live. Hence, Kiss Alive. Ace Frehley was a good guitarist, but drugs did him in and he was fired from Kiss. When I think of Kiss, I think of blood, pyro and make up. I sure as fuck DON'T think of music.

RHCP deserve it more than Kiss.

Here's a song to sing to mad1: Under the Bridge- Ever heard of that one?

I'm shocked that people defend him at all. He just writes the most consistently shitty lyrics of any popular band I can think of.

Of course. Anthony Kiedis is more hate 'em/hate 'em than love 'em/hate 'em.

I think you need to tell us how you really feel about Anthony. I get this wacky feeling that you're holding back. :wink: :wave:

Once RHCP hit their stride in the late 80's with Mother's Milk, they put out some pretty solid albums over the next dozen or so years. But then again, I'm a fan of the group. Not someone who just says how much I hate them and stuff. Spreading the hate just ain't my bag. Did Anthony Kiedis shit in your cornflakes when you were like 10 or something? Why the hate, bro? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom