Frusciante leaves RHCP? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I'm shocked that people defend him at all. He just writes the most consistently shitty lyrics of any popular band I can think of.
Why should you be shocked? While you were bouncing around in your playpen, RHCP were busy being one of the top artists in the world.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #32
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm shocked that people on a music forum would defend him.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:27 PM   #33
The Male

Local Time: 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
Why should you be shocked? While you were bouncing around in your playpen, RHCP were busy being one of the top artists in the world.
Which they could have managed, quite easily, with the raving homeless man they found rummaging through Flea's garbage. I'm sure the competition between him and Kiedis was all kinds of fierce in the early years.

But seriously, there's no reason to hate Kiedis. He's RHCP's Ringo Starr. Or Fredo Corleone. Unfortunately, he wound up being the lead singer for whatever reason.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:28 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
I'm shocked that people on a music forum would defend him.

Alrighty then.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:29 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:08 PM
They're not about the lyrics. Nobody cares about RHCP lyrics. Keidis is the front man and represents the spirit and personality of the band. He can't sing and he's not a poet but he's got a whole other thing going on. It's not even that I'm the biggest fan in the world but they were cool and way fun back in the day.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:32 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Which they could have managed, quite easily, with the raving homeless man they found rummaging through Flea's garbage. I'm sure the competition between him and Kiedis was all kinds of fierce in the early years.

But seriously, there's no reason to hate Kiedis. He's RHCP's Ringo Starr. Or Fredo Corleone. Unfortunately, he wound up being the lead singer for whatever reason.
The homeless guy didn't wanna take off his shirt in front of a bunch of people. Just the rats in his dumpster.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #37
Blue Crack Supplier

With the talents of the other members, especially Frusciante, they should have been so much better. Kiedis ruined all of that by just simply being terrible as a lead singer. Maybe it comes across better live, sure, but there's nothing he can do live that can make up for how awful his parts of the songs are.

I understand the mainstream successes of the band since they've been catchy. That's about as far as my understanding goes.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:08 PM
Quote:
but there's nothing he can do live that can make up for how awful his parts of the songs are.
Well see, that's where you're wrong.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:45 AM   #39
Refugee

Local Time: 11:08 PM
Anthony can't sing compared to who? ozzy? david lee roth? whatever. this isn't the fucking opera.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #40
45:33

Local Time: 10:08 AM
Quote:
No, he is. There's literally nothing good that he does. He's not a good vocalist, he's not good at writing melodies, and he's probably one of the worst rock lyricists ever.
what i meant by "not as bad as you think" is that i don't think RHCP are completely ruined by Keidis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
They're not about the lyrics. Nobody cares about RHCP lyrics. Keidis is the front man and represents the spirit and personality of the band. He can't sing and he's not a poet but he's got a whole other thing going on. It's not even that I'm the biggest fan in the world but they were cool and way fun back in the day.
if they come here again i'll be seeing them live for sure.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:11 AM   #41
Refugee

Looks like it's official. Frusciante is gone. He posted this statement on his blog and MySpace page.

Quote:
When I quit the band, over a year ago, we were on an indefinite hiatus. There was no drama or anger involved, and the other guys were very understanding. They are supportive of my doing whatever makes me happy and that goes both ways.

To put it simply, my musical interests have led me in a different direction. Upon rejoining, and throughout my time in the band, I was very excited about exploring the musical possibilities inherent in a rock band, and doing so with those people in particular. A couple of years ago, I began to feel that same excitement again, but this time it was about making a different kind of music, alone, and being my own engineer.

I really love the band and what we did. I understand and value that my work with them means a lot to many people, but I have to follow my interests. For me, art has never been something done out of a sense of duty. It is something I do because it is really fun, exciting, and interesting. Over the last 12 years, I have changed, as a person and artist, to such a degree that to do further work along the lines I did with the band would be to go against my own nature. There was no choice involved in this decision. I simply have to be what I am, and have to do what I must do.

Sending love and gratitude to you all."
Old 12-18-2009, 01:58 AM   #42
Refugee

well, like i said, for the people that do like the band on here, this means better chance of them playing more of their entire catalog . John never wanted to play anything narravo played on, and also his own attitude toward some earlier stuff he did with the chili peppers meant some stuff was out of the question for live sets. Now, with someone totally neutral and new, the band should be open to more options. Might feel weird to see someone else play californacation stuff, since that was the album that they got back together on and was almost a autobio of what the band had been through in the 90's.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:04 AM   #43
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:08 PM
Quote:
With the talents of the other members, especially Frusciante, they should have been so much better. Kiedis ruined all of that by just simply being terrible as a lead singer. Maybe it comes across better live, sure, but there's nothing he can do live that can make up for how awful his parts of the songs are.

I understand the mainstream successes of the band since they've been catchy. That's about as far as my understanding goes.
Kiedis is by far the weak link, but I think your hatred of him is a little on the severe side. Totally cool. I heard he's gonna be in Don Giovanni next Spring.

I like portions of their discography, they've never been a favorite of mine either, and people could do much worse than this band, that's for sure. Frusciante going on his own is awesome, as is hearing Flea in a different context in other side projects, so at least we'll have that.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #44
Refugee

They are gonna be like one of those bands that had a few guitarists come through the band. And the fans will debate over and over who was the better fit. Depends on how well this new guy does.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #45
The Male

Local Time: 03:08 PM
Nah, they'll be more like Chicago, who lost their lead guitarist and immediately turned to shit.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote