friendly fires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are playing Coachella? I will need to buy this album soon because I really do enjoy their music.

Yup. I'm not sure which day though. I think it was either the Saturday or the Sunday. :scratch:

Try Amazon. I had the hardest time finding it in a music store, and when I did it was almost $30 b/c it was an Import. Screw that! $14 on Amazon. :up:

Yup. I'm not sure which day though. I think it was either the Saturday or the Sunday. :scratch:

Try Amazon. I had the hardest time finding it in a music store, and when I did it was almost $30 b/c it was an Import. Screw that! $14 on Amazon. :up:

I bought "Paris" off of iTunes a few months back, so I assume I can buy the full album from there too.

I will be in So.Cal. when Coachella is going on, so now I am thinking about adding it to my itinerary. :hmm:

Such great music to dance to, I saw them live recently and they were shockingly good. I don't like Paris (radio1 has absolutely killed it) and think their music stands up better played live.

These guys put on a great show. I'd not heard of them, but met up with 212Melons at their gig. Hot stuff! The band sounded good too. :wink:

212Melons? :lmao:

Yeah they're a fantastic live band, the lead singer is one of the most energetic people I've ever seen, and he's in front of some great music.

Anyone else heard the new album yet? It's sitting pretty at a 3.5/5 for me right now. A rather dull middle section, but when the album's tempo is up, it's a great listen. I'll probably higher the score after a few more listens, the slower/groovier numbers just didn't do it for me while I was out for a walk.

Definitely pleased with the new one though, not a huge departure, and just enough different from Cut Copy to still have a unique sound.

^ I think I heard that on radio today. If that's the best, I may give it a miss... wasn't a big fan. They had a song out a couple of years ago that I loved. There's soooo much of this music around at the moment, it's very overwhelming and I'm finding a lot of them can be quite similar, in that they're good, but don't have enough in them to keep me coming back.

"Live Those Days Tonight" is the first single. I liked that song, but it reminded me a LOT of what you're saying. "Blue Cassette" is much better and more Friendly Firesesque.

They sound nothing like the Killers, but the lead singer clearly wants to be Brandon Flowers live, and that is a great thing.

Really gotta get myself a copy of Pala, the debut was sheer brilliance. Paris, Pool, Lovesick were great!! Was shattered when they had to pull out of Good Vibes last year, but may check them out at the Splendour sideshow. Top band.

Back
Top Bottom