Franz Ferdinand - "Lucid Dreams" (new track out now, new album in early 2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Franz Ferdinand - "Lucid Dreams" (new track out now, new album in early 2009)

So, I don't think it's any secret that I'm rather wild about Franz Ferdinand. Snarky lyrics with glam guitars? Yes, please. It has been 3 years since their last album, but yesterday, a new track of theirs debuted on iTunes. Here's a youtube video for it; get it while the RIAA is still ignorant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnawhqm59yw

Quite decent, I say. It's nothing new for the band, but I said the same thing about Do You Want To when it debuted, and I loved You Could Have It So Much Better. Plus, this track has much more depth lyrically and better production. I've heard that the new album (supposedly being released in January 2009) would have African influences. I'm guessing Bono and Peter Gabriel will have more to do with the album than Africa ever could.

I'm glad you posted this, I forgot that they had a new track out. I dig the it, may just have to buy it off of iTunes as the album is still a ways off. :up:

Surprised no one else had responded, kinda funny how just a few years out of the bright lights can kill some bands' buzz.

Thanks for the link, LM!

It was fun on first listen, I'll spin it some more in the coming days.

But, yeah, I wonder what took these guys so long to finally come out with the new stuff. I could have sworn I read articles two years ago talkin about the "new direction" of the material. Lazy muh'fuckas.

So is Alex/Aleck/whatever his name is still going out with Eleanor from The Fiery Furnaces?

Those two were going out? Crazy. I can imagine a number of indie kids chomping at the bit for a collaboration of some sort. Guess they chose to keep the music out of things.

Those two were going out? Crazy. I can imagine a number of indie kids chomping at the bit for a collaboration of some sort. Guess they chose to keep the music out of things.

Eleanor Put Your Boots On, dude.

It's about her, as they're more or less asking, and he's more or less avoiding answering in that article you posted. Hence the "asking for press intrusion into my private life" line. Both bands were at the height of their popularity at the time, every music journalist brought it up with both groups constantly. It's probably even in album reviews from the period, sadly.

Sadly, I can't say I'm entirely familiar with The Fiery Furnaces' work, beyond a few tracks on Blueberry Boat and Bitter Tea. From what little I have heard, the two bands couldn't be any further apart sonically, and bringing up their relationship seems irrelevant when writing an album review, so yeah, that's pretty stupid of them.

Whether or not they're currently going out is unknown to me; Alex won't even give out up-to-date information regarding his band's new album, let alone something personal like that. :lol:

I'm too lazy to look for it, but when The Fiery Furnaces released 'Rehearsing My Choir' (an album featuring their grandmother), I remember reading an interview with their grandmother where they even ask her about Alex and what she thinks of him....

I know the two bands toured together for a while, not sure if that was the chicken or the egg of them going out.

I like Franz Ferdinand a lot, but if this song is an indication of what the new album will sound like, I'll be very disappointed. Sounds like more of the same, but not as good, which is something I already felt with You Could Have It So Much Better. Please don't turn into another band on a downward spiral of diminishing returns, :(

Fiery Furnaces kinda lost me right after Gallowsbird's Bark, their debut. I still love that album though.

I find anything Eleanor related sexy.

Why, I'm not sure. If I look at pictures of her, I don't feel that way at all. But when I've see them live, YOWZA!

Ahhhhh, you Indietastic kids and all your Indietastic references. :lol:

Well, though Grandpa here doesn't own any of their albums, I have seen Franz Ferdinand live 3 times and they are GREAT live! So much energy and enthusiasm.

Though, I don't have their albums, I do love a bunch of their songs; "Michael" is probably my favorite of the ones I've heard.

I always tell myself I need to buy their albums, but thus far I haven't, probably because it always comes at a time with too much Draaaaaaaaaaaaaainage! on my wallet.

See what I did there.

Franz Ferdinand album release date announced | News | NME.COM

Franz Ferdinand album release date announced

'Tonight: Franz Ferdinand' is out in January

The third album from Franz Ferdinand is set to be released in late January.

'Tonight: Franz Ferdinand' will come out January 26 in the UK and January 27 in the US, and includes six tracks previewed during their intimate show at Music Hall Of Williamsburg last week (October 8).

The full title of the record was inspired by frontman Alex Kapranos imagining the band's name on a marquee.

"I can picture a marquee outside a theatre saying 'Tonight: Franz Ferdinand', there's a sense of anticipation," he told NME.COM. "It's music for the dancefloor, (or) your bedroom as you psyche yourself up to go out, (or) a stranger's bedsit coming down an hour before dawn."

The band have since revealed 'Tonight: Franz Ferdinand''s tracklist to NME.COM.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

This might be interesting! Their first album was awesome. Didn't get a chance to listen to the second one at all though.

I like the second album better than the first. Upon first listen, the single didn't grab me as much as past singles. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom