Franz Ferdinand - "Lucid Dreams" (new track out now, new album in early 2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good deal. I loves me some new musics. I like the title a lot and, just on gut instinct, I think this is going to be a great album. They've had a long time to work on it and I have a feeling that it won't disappoint.

1. Ulysses
2. Turn It On
3. Kiss Me
4. Twilight Omens
5. Send Him Away
6. Live Alone
7. Bite Hard
8. What She Came For
9. Can't Stop Feeling
10. Lucid Dreams
11. Dream Again
12. Katherine Kiss Me

I got You Could of Had it So Much Better the other day and I have to say I'm really disappointed it's pretty bland and nowhere near as good as their first album which wasn't that great anyway. The new track sounds decent but I'm not expecting much on the album.

I still haven't heard either of these songs. I'll have to visit the dreaded Myspace after I return home from the holidayz.

Ulysses has a little bit of a different sound to it. Lucid Dreams sounds exactly like the first two albums, though.

TonightFranzFerdinand.png

Thumbnail of the cover, which you can look at in the background of the Myspace.

And they said the Lucid Dreams on the album would be different than the already released version, so there's that.

I've heard Ulysses on the radio the other day. The la la la la la part of the chorus is maddeningly catchy, but the verses are just mmeh and Alex sounds like he's trying way too hard to be a decadent sleaze with that half-whispered delivery. Still not optimistic about the new album, :|

Damn, I hoped this was something about an album leak.

I've dug both of the new tracks, personally.

Just another few weeks, Danimal. Keep it together.

And yes, I've enjoyed pretty much everything I've heard from the new album. The Russian synthesizers will be sweet.

I still haven't heard studio versions of the new songs, just the new tracks they played on the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas show. I REALLY enjoyed all of them on there though, really looking forward to the album.

LeMelanoma, the new avatar is 100% quality.

Space Moon and Dismemberment Plan are now attached to every single one of my posts. I could write about Tony! Toni! Toné! and it would be awesome.

I have no idea what this Space Moon shit is, as I haven't been paying attention, but the D-Plan PWNZ all. Have you ever heard the D-Plan cover LL Cool J's 'Around the Way Girl'? Ladies Love Cool D-Plan, and that's a fact.

I've been re-hooked on Dark of the Matinee after the KROQ show a few weeks back.

I have it on my computer somewhere, I think it was an acoustic cover on a radio show or Rollingstone or something. I haven't listened to it in a while, It may even be Travis by himself playing/singing, but it was still done under the Dismemberment Plan moniker, he even substitutes the bands name for LL Cool J's in a few places.

I still haven't heard studio versions of the new songs, just the new tracks they played on the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas show. I REALLY enjoyed all of them on there though, really looking forward to the album.

LeMelanoma, the new avatar is 100% quality.

Well, the only album track with a studio version out there is Ulysses. Lucid Dreams was released in a different version than will be on the album.

I've heard Ulysses on the radio the other day. The la la la la la part of the chorus is maddeningly catchy, but the verses are just mmeh and Alex sounds like he's trying way too hard to be a decadent sleaze with that half-whispered delivery. Still not optimistic about the new album, :|

I heard this on the radio tonight, and thought, "Saracene is right, this doesn't seem to work well on the radio radio as a single".

Then I had the song in my head for the hour after hearing it, so maybe it works perfect as a single.

Every time I listen to it, it's stuck in my head for hours. And I've only heard it maybe three or four times.

Back
Top Bottom