Franz Ferdinand - "Lucid Dreams" (new track out now, new album in early 2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So..I listened to it...it was...ok. I don't mean to sound overly critical or anything, but the way everyone acted (friends of mine) they made it sound like I was going to be head over heels about this album. I still came in slightly skeptical because I've never really liked much by Franz, but also pretty excited at the prospect that I might be surprised by this one. It's not that I didn't like it, but it definitely just sounded like the same ole same ole by them, TOO ME. Anyways, I'd be more than willing to listen to it a second time, so that says a great deal as well.

Thursday, January 29:
NBC: The Tonight Show With Jay Leno: Franz Ferdinand

That's tonight, peoplez. It'll be WILD

wow. i pleasantly surprised by this. i wasn't even going to give it a chance because i didn't really care for their earlier stuff.

Finally listened to it, I enjoyed it even more than I thought I would, and I'm a FF fan. The middle section is really solid, but I liked the entire album on the first time through with the exception of 'Dream Again'. It's been long enough since I listened to You Could Have It So Much better that I don't know if I'd rate that one higher than this or not. It's a fun album, I look forward to getting more acquainted with it.

The album isn't going over well amongst critics, but fans seem to prefer it over YCHISMB. Personally, I think that one is very much underrated, but I'm glad to see Tonight get some credit. It really is a good album.

Sweeeeeet, they apparently added a SLC date.

dancing_bear.gif

Well I found this topic nice and late:reject:

I'm a Huge franz fan :hyper:. They are one of the most consistent live acts I've ever seen. I've seen them a crapload of times and saw them perform songs off of "Tonight" in las vegas and san diego this past december. This time around they opened the show with "bite hard" which was FAN-f*cking-TASTIC:heart:
If you're on the fence about some of the songs, I can almost guarantee you'll like it after you hear it live. I admit I hated Ulysses when I heard it on the radio but then when they performed it...:drool:.

Same thing for "You could have it so much better" - a good album but live... Every single one of those songs delivered. Oh I'd love it if they opened for U2! in the states this time!

I tried to start a new thread on their live performances but i guess i can't. Did anyone catch them on their spring or summer tours?? I just saw them for the thousandth time at the Hollywood Palladium and loved loved loved it! I saw someone at the greenday/franz show that i had previously met when Bono and the boys were at capitol records back in march. She was at the show for Franz too. it made me curious to know if anyone else from interference caught them for this recent tour...

I've still not seen them live, and I cannot remember the last time I listened to the new album. I suppose I'll have to give it another spin sometime soon.

I'm still on a weird buzz after seeing them multiple times this year. I hope they don't disappear for another 3 years like last time.

The crazy live extended version Lucid Dreams blew me away - the sound is decent on this video
YouTube - Franz Ferdinand - Lucid Dreams Live, Selector Festival 2009

This was the most recent show I went to. I was standing...er...jumping/dancing next to this person

YouTube - Franz Ferdinand - Michael - live Hollywood Palladium, August 27, 2009

These I took from shows within the past year. I find it hard to record songs at their shows...so I rarely do :wink:

The guitarist had tendonitis and was confined to his chair and still rocked out.
YouTube - Franz Ferdinand - 40 ft - Tempe, AZ - 4/18/09

You can see it clearer after the :14 :)

YouTube - Franz Ferdinand - Outsiders - 12/15/08 - San Diego, CA

I've seen FF twice, I believe once for each of their first two albums, and they were absolutely fantastic each time. Really, really great band to see live -- lots of energy. In fact, I much prefer them live over recorded. They leave a little something to be desired on their albums (at least the first two). :shrug:

"Katherine Kiss Me" is "Eleanor Put Your Boots On"'s sexier older sister.

I did in fact listen to the album minutes after saying I needed to listen to it sometime soon. Like phanan, I hadn't heard it in ages, but it really hit the spot. Solid album, even better than I remembered.

Hey! Doves did this too! :D Well, they didn't end their set with it, but they did do a full band drum solo during their show.

:up: for the full band drum solo.

TV on the Radio did something similar during the Return to Cookie Mountain tour during 'A Method'. They even had Subtle, the opening act, come out and play more drums during it.

TV on the Radio did something similar during the Return to Cookie Mountain tour during 'A Method'. They even had Subtle, the opening act, come out and play more drums during it.

I saw TVOTR twice for that album, but once was at Coachella and once was opening for Massive Attack, so I don't think I saw them do 'A Method' -- but I absolutely love that song! :drool: That would've been awesome to see live and with the drum solo.

Back
Top Bottom