Frank Ocean - Channel Orange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like that track he did with Tyler, even though Tyler does absolutely nothing but shit on the song at the end.

Man, fuck Odd Future. And Bill O Reilly.

So Frank just canceled his whole tour because of illness.

Or, as the sensitive folks on the Pitchfork facebook will tell you, because his ass hurts from being gay.

That sucks. I looked forward to seeing him at Pukkelpop. Oh well, I can go to Django Django instead now.

It's cool that he wrote an apology himself.

And that's why I'm adamantly against a like/dislike sysem for Inerference. I don't need incentive to troll.

Thinkin Bout You is growing on me big time. After hearing it shouted by a crowd of about a thousand people, I started to notice the song had lyrics. Good ones.

Finally heard Thinkin' Bout You on the radio. Sounded amazing on a dark, foggy highway driving home tonight from Prince.

I'm so excited for this guy.

Saw Frank last night. He said he was a little sick, and everyone was commenting on how much it affected his voice, but I didn't really notice... he definitely skipped a few lines here and there, and used a lower register in places, but still hit the big parts of Bad Religion, Pink Matter etc.

Show was at Festival Hall, the third biggest venue in Melbourne. We had seats, as usual I tried to get the crowd up and about but failed. Sat for most of it, as I was with seven mates who didn't stand and I think were pretty embarrassed of me. But whatevs.

It was a great show, although I couldn't help but come away feeling a little unsatisfied. Opened the show with a few tunes I didn't know (they might have been Nostalgia Ultra tracks or new ones) mixed with Novacane, which was great. Love that beat.

Not really sure of the set but he played the following Channel Orange tracks: Thinkin Bout You, Sierra Leone, Sweet Life, Super Rich Kids, Pilot Jones, Crack Rock, Pyramids, Lost, Monks, Bad Religion, Pink Matter, Forrest Gump and Golden Girl I think. No Swim Good unfortunately.

He had a full live band, but they were hidden behind the screen, which was a bit disappointing. The screen mostly showed the Nostalgia Ultra car drifting on ice or in the desert, which was cool, and burning leaves.

Highlight was definitely Pyramids, the first part of that was fucking awesome. Crack Rock was a big highlight, sounded absolutely sick with live drums. Lost is boosted by live horns, Sweet Life with the "apeshit crazy" bit ruled. Pink Matter was glorious and I've always liked Bad Religion because it shows off his voice, which is amazing.

He tore a vocal cord last night. Has cancelled all his remaining Australian shows. Man I feel lucky now... saw the only show he's done in the country after he cancelled his last tour too!

That's a bummer man. Not sure if Horden Pavilion is Ticketmaster or not but I got an email from Ticketmaster last night saying my ticket for last night's cancelled show (which I sold to a mate) will be automatically refunded within five days to the credit card that made the purchase.

Forgot to mention I rapped 3000's Pink Matter verse and then Frank rapped his "frankly when that Ocean maufuckin good..." bit. Was cool.

Yeah, refund won't be a problem. Really glad I passed on Splendour this year.

Ah well, still got CHVRCHES on Friday. Glad you had a good show!

july20151-739x1024.jpg

July. Hype.

Back
Top Bottom