FOUND! Missing Velvet Underground acetate LP MP3s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^^^ Cool... had no clue! (Rolling Stone just reported on it a couple days ago; I assumed it was new.)

The tracks sound awesome... not as good as the album versions, IMO, but super fun to listen to

LyricalDrug said:
^^^ Cool... had no clue! (Rolling Stone just reported on it a couple days ago; I assumed it was new.)

The tracks sound awesome... not as good as the album versions, IMO, but super fun to listen to

Yeah, it's all very interesting. I'm really glad that the songs turned up.

In the last few months, both Rolling Stone and Time Magazine and CNN have only just become aware of all this, mostly because of the auction at which the acetate was sold for some unholy sum of money after having been purchased for something like $.75 USD. I don't know how they missed the story in the winter of '05, but at least the word is getting out, right?

I don't know much at all about VU....so, are these 'acetate' lost recordings kind of to VU as the pre-Spector 'Get Back' sessions recordings were to the Beatles(before Let It Be...Naked happened)?

There were VU acetate mp3s already, are these different? are these the ones from the recent acetate that went for sale on eBay?

Speaking of Velvet Underground s, does anyone have the edited version of "Sister Ray" from the Brick soundtrack? I'd buy it individually on iTunes or Amazon, but it's one of those album only deals.

I hate to bump a thread to just ask for a song, so yeah, I love The Velvet Underground... and Nico, for that matter.

I can't get enough of the full version, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to have an alternative to use for time-limited playlists, you know?

Back
Top Bottom