For Jesus & Mary Chain fans - Glasvegas - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #46
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Fanatic4ever View Post
oh and you haven't gone into a thread to say how you didn't care much for the subject? interesting..

in fact maybe I am the first ever to do this?
It's IWB's Own Lying Mouth That Makes Her Cry

Old 01-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #47
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Fanatic4ever View Post
oh and you haven't gone into a thread to say how you didn't care much for the subject? interesting..

in fact maybe I am the first ever to do this?
pretty sure it's been years since i've gone into a thread with that blatant and simple purpose. i probably put something about my hatred for the new arcade fire song in the thread for that band, but if it was only hatred it was meant with the preface about actually liking previous efforts and being kind of surprised that i thought it was crap that i just forgot.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #48
Blue Meth Addict

Liar + Cheat = IWB
Old 01-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #49
Blue Crack Supplier

fuck yeah!

a CARD cheat!!!!!!!!!

oops, wrong band. i see you and me in the same thread, sometimes i naturally think that means the clash are somehow related.

i think a big part of what i like about the self titled album is lyrics. lyrics are always secondary for me, just because that's how i am, despite that i know the words to pretty much every song i really like and am that asshole that's singing along that you drove by on your way to work this morning. why i don't expect much from a follow-up has to do with the fact that the bulk of that album feels like it was written as some kind of excerise a therapist gave whichever brother in the band in order to exorsise a lot of his demons regarding to growing up. probably doesn't help i read some article/review talking about polmont being a shitty place, plenty of violence (gang-related or otherwise, i can't quite remember, although i'd surmise some, yes), not exactly stereotypical mom/dad/2.5 kids/dog family structure, drugs, etc. geraldine is introcuded as a social worker, and musically it's very enjoyable overall. i still stand by my other posts from before in this thread about prefering the old "daddy's gone," and the issue regarding how that was slowed down and a lot of the sound was cleaned up aside, i really like this album. thematically, if i'm remotely right, that's kind of my world. it's something personally i was for most of my childhood only a couple steps away from, and to this day i do a lot of wondering as to where exactly things turned around and i ended up how i am rather than how most of my friends from elementary school/junior high did. as far as my job, it's relevant any time i pick up a DSS kid. last night alone: there was the 23 y/o who got shot (he ended up dying a couple hours after we dropped him off at the ER), the 22 y/o on her 4th pregnancy with the vag bleed, i can't remember what our 3rd call was, and the last being the 10 y/o at the group home for "crazy" kids who was being shipped off for a crisis eval because she threw a temper tantrum. i know i'm easily one of the bigger fans of that album on this board, but a lot of that is the reason why. plus, i'm also just sick of hearing how awful they are live, because in the setting i saw them in, they were excellent. and given how burnt out i was on punk rock shows at the time of that concert, it was exactly what i needed.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
pretty sure it's been years since i've gone into a thread with that blatant and simple purpose. i probably put something about my hatred for the new arcade fire song in the thread for that band, but if it was only hatred it was meant with the preface about actually liking previous efforts and being kind of surprised that i thought it was crap that i just forgot.

Whatever dude.. you managed to single me out tho which is interesting.. i wasn't the only one who wasn't digging it..

I am done..
Old 01-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #51
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:19 PM
Somebody's gonna get stabbed. Hope it's not me

(I Fucking hate that song, but it seemed appropriate)
Old 01-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #52
Blue Crack Supplier

u2fanaticperson...it wasn't actually you personally, i don't know you from any of the other u2-something-something usernames on here i hardly ever see posting anywhere. it would have been anyone who came in here and said "omg they suck so bad i took them off my ipod because i hated them opening for u2." i'm going to guess by your "location" you frequent the muse thread. i think all their songs sound the same and can't really distinguish most from others, but since i have nothing more to add, i also think you and whoever else likes that band would have every right to tear me a new one if i got in there and said the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Somebody's gonna get stabbed. Hope it's not me

(I Fucking hate that song, but it seemed appropriate)
i do have a knife...
Old 01-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored
u2fanaticperson...it wasn't actually you personally, i don't know you from any of the other u2-something-something usernames on here i hardly ever see posting anywhere. it would have been anyone who came in here and said "omg they suck so bad i took them off my ipod because i hated them opening for u2." i'm going to guess by your "location" you frequent the muse thread. i think all their songs sound the same and can't really distinguish most from others, but since i have nothing more to add, i also think you and whoever else likes that band would have every right to tear me a new one if i got in there and said the same thing.

i do have a knife...
As I said which u seemed to overlook there were others who said similar things yet u picked on me. I was agreeing with the person who posted and was not in any way directed at you yet here you are.
I took them off my iPod because all the songs sounded the same and I was getting bored and then seeing them live sort of confirmed that in my mind.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #54
Blue Meth Addict

Stop the fighting or I'll start the crying.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:57 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Old 01-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
haha, i always knew you had teh emoz.

Tags
glasvegas