Foals - Holy Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
So, this is up on Grooveshark. I'm sure it'll be streaming somewhere soon.

I'm only a few tracks in, but shiiiiiiitttttt, this is great. I loved Total Life Forever a ton, so I had pretty high expectations. They've so far been exceeded.

This song is going to be my jam this year, especially come summer:

Foals - My Number - YouTube

Word to the wise, "Providence" is a live version on Grooveshark, so you may want to hold out (it's not really that long, album comes out February 11th), but overall, this was solid. Can't wait to pick it up so I can give it a more complete listen.

You should hear more. There are a lot of great songs by Foals. Especially from that album.

Gave this another spin today, I'm pretty sure it just reclaimed number one from My Bloody Valentine.

I really, really love this album.

The first half of this album is so good. Inhaler and My Number rock the house.

The second half barely happens. Out of the Woods is the only track that really jumps out at me, although it's all very nice.

Total Life Forever is better because Blue Blood/Spanish Saraha/Miami + nice filler > Inhaler/My Number + nice filler. I like them both though.

I'm digging that song "My Number".
Reminds me of Cut Copy's "Take Me Over" in it's vibe, and that's a great reference point, in my book.

will definitely need to check out their other stuff. any recommendations on a good starting point for a newbie?

Wow guess I better give this a try. Wasn't a fan of their last album but it seems that this one is getting people pretty excited.

The second half improved immensely upon a second listen, for me anyways.

I don't like the idea of comparing them to Cut Copy, though. They remind me a lot more of bands like Friendly Fires, which is new to this album, I think. I don't remember Total Life Forever sounding like that.

Dudeman, I think they only have like 3 albums. I ranked their last album 28th out of 127, this one I have at #1 out of 17, so take that as you will :)

They sound more like Wild Beasts on Two Dancers to me. Danceable, but not Cut Copy danceable.

I really like - bordering on love - Wild Beasts. If that comparison is legitimate, LM, I will definitely want to hear this thing.

So this album is pretty good. Probably the best I've heard so far this year. I think the only downfall so far is that there isn't one song that really comes out and grabs me, which may affect its replay value.

I gotta give them credit though. Their last album didn't stick with me whatsoever. I remember turning it off after 3 songs.

It might sound pretentious, but I might listen to this album without my number once, so I can give other tracks after it a fairer shot.

Back
Top Bottom