Florence & The Machine, Discusion Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damn, she is channeling Bat for Lashes there in the vocal tone and general mysticism of the whole thing. I like it.

If the rest of the album is on the same level as What The Water Gave Me and Strangeness and Charm, we're in for a treat come November.

Would you recommend these songs to me, given that I detest female singers and I generally don't listen to anything by them?

I really loved Lungs and these new songs have me very excited about the new album. :up:

I have been listening to Florence quite a bit lately. I figured out why. I find her generally dramatic and classly unlike the parade of talentless MTV starlets destined to get the largest shot of their coochies plastered all over MTV.

I picked up the drumming song single and looking for more suggestions.

I have been listening to Florence quite a bit lately. I figured out why. I find her generally dramatic and classly unlike the parade of talentless MTV starlets destined to get the largest shot of their coochies plastered all over MTV.

I picked up the drumming song single and looking for more suggestions.
Agreed. Honestly, it's really refreshing to see a borderline-mainstream female pop star use her "image" as an extension of her music, rather than the other way around.

As for recommendations: If you don't have Lungs in full, I'd just say to download that. Fantastic album from start to finish.

Florence & the Machine Reveal LP Details | News | Pitchfork
New info! The new album called "Ceremonials", and it has a new UK release date: October 31. Here's the cover art:
florence-machine.jpg

I'll take a cue from EYKIW and judge the album from the song titles: it looks wonderful.

Florence + The Machine - Shake It Out - YouTube

It starts off sounding like Radiohead's "Motion Picture Soundtrack" with an awesome drumtrack and then turns into a momentous track with the power of Kate Bush singing on the climaxes of some of U2's biggest songs. This song is a MONSTER and definitely has me looking forward to her new album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSLdptE5aFw&feature=player_embedded
It starts off sounding like Radiohead's "Motion Picture Soundtrack" with an awesome drumtrack and then turns into a momentous track with the power of Kate Bush singing on the climaxes of some of U2's biggest songs. This song is a MONSTER and definitely has me looking forward to her new album.
This is a good description. Gotta say, I got a bit of an "Ultraviolet" vibe from the chord progression...anyone else?

Really, really love What The Water Gave Me. They've grown more grandiose and more dark at the same time.

Florence + The Machine - Shake It Out - YouTube

Unbelievable. She just gets better and better. I can't wait for her to tour.

What The Water Gave Me, and now Shake It Out, are just amazing tracks. Can't wait for the new album. :love:

Back
Top Bottom