Florence & The Machine, Discusion Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You get to see Florence again. No fair. I wish I would have paid more attention earlier. Then maybe I could have caught that show in Chicago late last year.

It'd have to be Lollapalooza or Sound Town music fests. Sound Town looks like it's about 6 hours away and out in the sticks. Lolla I don't really think I want to deal with. Thought about Indianapolis (which is still several hours away), but I don't know. Regardless, we're talking about a lot more time and money than the great deal I got in Milwaukee.

It'd have to be Lollapalooza or Sound Town music fests. Sound Town looks like it's about 6 hours away and out in the sticks. Lolla I don't really think I want to deal with. Thought about Indianapolis (which is still several hours away), but I don't know. Regardless, we're talking about a lot more time and money than the great deal I got in Milwaukee.

oh ok.. Yeah... Lolla is nutso and hot as hell. Went last year. Yeah you won't be able to come near the deal u got.

I don't mind spending more to see her, just not hundreds of dollars for a music fest I have only lukewarm interest in. And as amazing as she is live, it is a fairly short (13 - 15 songs) set. Driving somewhat long distances (3 hours+) to see hear is not quite the easy decision that the 360 tour was.

I don't mind spending more to see her, just not hundreds of dollars for a music fest I have only lukewarm interest in. And as amazing as she is live, it is a fairly short (13 - 15 songs) set. Driving somewhat long distances (3 hours+) to see hear is not quite the easy decision that the 360 tour was.

Yeah, I see your point.. that's the one thing I don't like about festivals is you are deprived of a full set from your favorite band unless they are headliners. I was disappointed at the line up this year but hey saved me major $$ from going to Chicago, hotels,etc.

What are the prices like?

Oddly enough, it was my co-worker who saw Florence open for the Black Keys at Summerfest last year who urged me to buy the tickets.

Yes. They start the presale for next year on Thursday. It makes U2's lead time look pitifully small. The good news is they let you set up a payment plan, so I don't need to come up with then entire $350.

I figure, I will be able to get some cheaper seats for Florence closer to the show. I really want to go.

You should fly out here for the Black Keys. Doesn't look like the show is selling all that well, and a number of people are selling their lowers on StubHub at well below face (I saw some great lowers going for $25 this morning). Odd market for music out here. I think that's why a lot of big acts skip Milwaukee and just stick to Chicago.

Saw her live last night, Simply amazing. The band, everything. My only complaint was her set was about 2-3 songs shorter than I'd have liked, but besides having my cake and eating it too, its one of the best live shows i've ever seen.

Hope she comes back before she finishes touring this album.

I have a bad feeling I'm going to have to wait for the next tour in order to see her them that spellbinding entity which descends from the heavens above again. We were lucky to have gotten the Milwaukee show we did, and technically she's hitting Chicago twice (Dec 2011 show that I missed and Lollapalooza).

I've got a sneaking suspicion she will return to Australia before this tour is over. Maybe for the summer festivals (and hopefully some side shows) I took a video, and couple of photos last night. I'll post the video (Its only Dog Days... so nothing to get too excited for :)

I did a generally atrocious job on Shake it Out and No Light. I did get a handful of decent photos, which is surprising considering that I couldn't use the flash and I wasn't exactly on the rail.

I'd be all about an Australian return, especially if she could do it in early September. I'll be there then :)

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

Awesome show last night! A tad short, but I've only realised it after Mum and I looked at the clock and made calculations. Loved the art deco stage design and Florence's dress. I saw her in a much smaller venue a few years ago and wondered whether the show would be as enjoyable in an arena setting, but a bigger venue definitely suites her well. I'm still not 100% sold on all the Ceremonials material but enjoyed every song from it live, I should listen to it again soon.

Reading all these reviews is making me even more excited for Thursday! :hyper:

On a side note, if there's anyone in Sydney who would like to buy a GA ticket - face value - for Thursday night, please inbox me (a friend has had to pull out at the last minute).

Reading all these reviews is making me even more excited for Thursday! :hyper:

On a side note, if there's anyone in Sydney who would like to buy a GA ticket - face value - for Thursday night, please inbox me (a friend has had to pull out at the last minute).

You know what, I'd be there in heartbeat, but I'll have to say no. I just hope she comes back with one more Oceiana leg before this tour is done.

In other news I've been trying to upload my video from Sunday, but everytime it finishes uploading it says it failed. I'll have it up ASAP.

WOW! Sydney went crazy last night! Florence's voice, the band (!)... the whole thing was just incredible.

I agree with what others have said that the set list is a little short (they were on stage for just over 90 minutes - with a good 10 minutes of that involving some very sweet audience interactions) and there were a couple of songs I really wanted to hear but they didn't play... But oh well. It was a brilliant night! :D

Pics and vids when I get home!

Back
Top Bottom