Florence & The Machine, Discusion Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tour dates are up! :love:

May 17 - Burswood Dome, Perth
May 20 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
May 22 - Entertainment Centre, Adelaide
May 24 - Entertainment Centre, Sydney
May 26 - Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
May 28 - Vector Arena, Auckland

Tickets go on pre-sale from 9am (local time) on Friday 2 December, keep checking Florence + the Machine - Ceremonials for more details.

They will then go on general sale from 9am (local time) on Wednesday 7 December.

Tickets will be priced at $71 in Australia and $69 in New Zealand

:D

I heard Shake It Out at a restaurant today... and, well, shook it out. :giggle: Love that song.

If Florence tours in America I will be a very happy woman!

I never heard much of a weigh in on the new album, are people liking it? What say you, Interference team? How does it compare to the last? i haven't heard it yet.

I'd put it just about on par with Lungs in terms of songcraft. Lungs is considerably more diverse, though, so how you rank the two will probably depend on whether you prefer eclectic albums or more cohesive ones.

how you rank the two will probably depend on whether you prefer eclectic albums or more cohesive ones.
That sounds right. I found Lungs to be very strange with its incohesiveness- none of the songs really fit well into each other. I haven't heard Ceremonials yet but if it maintains a similar sound throghout I probably will like it more.

I wouldn't necessarily say that I prefer eclectic albums to cohesive ones, but I just think that some artists/bands have a sound that can really overstay its welcome unless they throw in some diversity. And I'd put Florence in that group.

I never heard much of a weigh in on the new album, are people liking it? What say you, Interference team? How does it compare to the last? i haven't heard it yet.

I'd put it just about on par with Lungs in terms of songcraft. Lungs is considerably more diverse, though, so how you rank the two will probably depend on whether you prefer eclectic albums or more cohesive ones.

:up:

< to my ears, Ceremonials is a definitely the more subtle of the two albums ~ Lungs literally punched me in the face and threw me against a wall and when I came up for air it was unashamedly :heart: . . . Ceremonials is more of a slow burn and it has absolutely crept in under my skin ~ tis like a new lover; just can not get enough of it :)

I FINALLY listened to the album. I hadn't even heard a full song off it - I heard part of What the Water Gave Me a few times.

Upon first listen, I liked it a lot. Definitely looking forward to spending more time with it.

:shifty: scored a nifty set of tickets to the Sydney show in the pre-sales yesterday :loveshower: can not wait to Shake It Out :cabbagepatch:

Well done! :up:

By the time I got home no standing tickets were available and the seats were pretty ordinary. I'll keep checking back until the presales close, but I may have to try my luck in the public sale on Wednesday. :panic:

Wow she has really shot up in popularity, hey. She was here in August last year but I saw BSS that night for $20 less. Wonderful decision. I might go.

Well done! :up:

By the time I got home no standing tickets were available and the seats were pretty ordinary. I'll keep checking back until the presales close, but I may have to try my luck in the public sale on Wednesday. :panic:

good luck! I'm sure you'll be cruising to the front of the GA :)

Got tickets for my Mum and I for Florence's Melbourne show :cool: I'd have preferred GA, but our seats are quite close and there's no way my Mum is joining me and screaming teenagers in GA.

I too took the 'nana' (aka, seated) option ~ fantastic seats though; first elevation right by the side of the stage so I'm happy; my feet will love me, my friend, my daughter and her friend think I'm a genius ( :D ), no mental rush from work to the show, and Florence will be happy that there's not a woman old enough to be her mama in the front row grinning at her like an absolute loon . . . success all round I say :up:

Wow she has really shot up in popularity, hey. She was here in August last year but I saw BSS that night for $20 less. Wonderful decision. I might go.

I've been pushing the Florence wheelbarrow for a while now and friends are slowly starting to jump on board ~ quite a few of them have said it was her performance on x-factor that made them finally pay attention to my fangirly ravings (I know, xfactor credibility is a little dodgy but my kids and I were mad for the last one here in oz)

Seeing her on Thursday night! :hyper:

:hyper: enjoy chick! be interested in hearing your take on it too.

Finally got around to this... I didn't really like it much. Every song felt kind of similar, with all the thunderous production going on. Lungs was more versatile in my opinion.

What The Water Gave Me is a fucking killer tune though.

^ it doesn't grab you by the throat and shake you like Lungs, granted; Ceremonials needs time and when you give it time the rewards are magical.

in other news, looks like Florence + The Machine are up for three awards; female artist, album of the year and producer of the year (Paul Epworth) :applaud:

Brit awards 2012: nominations in full | Music | The Guardian

US dates + Coachella performance announced:

Apr 14 - Santa Babara Bowl, Santa Babara, CA
Apr 15 - Coachella Festival, Indio, CA
Apr 17 - Grand Sierra Resort, Reno, NV
Apr 18 - Mondavi Center - UC Davis, Davis, CA
Apr 20 - Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ
Apr 21 - The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV
Apr 22 - Coachella Festival, Indio, CA
Apr 27 - Hennepin Theatre, Minneapolis, MN
Apr 28 - Eagles Ballroom, Milwaukee, WI
Apr 29 - Peabody Opera House, St. Louis, MO

May 1 - Palladium Ballroom, Dallas, TX
May 2 - Verizon Wireless Theatre, Houston, TX
May 3 - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, New Orleans, LA
May 8 - Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY
May 11 - Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT
May 12 - Borgata Spa & Resort Event Center, Atlantic City, NJ

Would love to see her live again, she rocked as opening act on U2360.

US dates + Coachella performance announced:

Would love to see her live again, she rocked as opening act on U2360.

going to see her with a couple friends at the NJ show! :hyper:

if you are planning on going to this show tix go on sale this friday at noon thru the venue's website not Ticketmaster. Also, this show all tickets are GA.

I don't think my parents would take me- they took me to Baltimore for U2 but that's only cause it's so close and it was U2. But I'd go if I could take myself!

Tickets to the Milwaukee show at the Rave went on sale this morning. Not a bad price ($35). I picked up two GAs. The only problem is that I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to go. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom