Fleet Foxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw them briefly at Lollapalooza a few years ago, but the sound of the pouring rain and the sight of the copious umbrellas prevented me from really experiencing the show.

Kind of forgot about this, as I'm too busy watching Derrick Rose and thinking about how many times Thom is going to invoke underworld imagery on King of Limbs, but I listened to "Helplessness Blues" again last night.

It's really great, and an extremely positive sign for the album. In my view.

Not sure if this was posted somewhere else but as per Pitchfork:

Just now on the Fleet Foxes Twitter, frontman Robin Pecknold posted a link to three solo songs that he recorded recently in Los Angeles, with this explanation: "One is a duet with my friend Ed Droste from the amazing band Grizzly Bear, one is just a new solo jam, and one is a cover." The cover is of "Where Is My Wild Rose", a song from the New Zealand folk singer Chris Thompson. The Droste team-up is called "I'm Losing Myself" and features some haunted, feathery harmonies. And the new solo song is called "Derwentwater Stones". They're all quietly stripped-back acoustic folk songs. If you like Fleet Foxes, Christmas came about 10 months early.

Pitchfork: Hear Three New Songs From Fleet Foxes Frontman

If those tracks are considered leftovers, this album is going to be nothing short of stunning.

I'm glad you aren't Hitler Jr., UiU.

Ha! Me too. (although I am 1/4 German) It took me awhile to figure out what you were referring to.
Also, offtopic/ did you know there are still GA available for the SLC U2 show? makes me wonder if its gonna be kind of a weak crowd with the date getting rescheduled and all. I know a couple of my buddies have since moved out of state during the last year and now won't be going. In fact I'm only using 2 of my 4 GA's as of right now, might just sell the other two.

I wonder if they were just released? Releasing more as the date gets closer, or people having returned them?

Yeah, everyone was saying it would sell out last year, but I also know a bunch of people who just got rid of their tickets when U2 canceled last year. Not sure if it's that they didn't know that they'd be coming back a year later, were mad it was canceled, didn't care enough to wait for a year, or a mixture of all of them. I have to admit, it's the least excited I've ever been for a U2 show. Seeing them tour to support....nothing...doesn't exactly thrill me.

I wonder if they'll sell the album a day early at their show that I'll be at on May 2nd?

Because it's in 128 and I'm not going to listen to it for that reason.

[size=+4]w0000000[/size][size=+3]00000000[/size][size=+2]00000000[/size][size=+1]0000000[/size][size=-1]000000[/size][size=-2]0000000[/size] ....Oh

I only listened once, but it was awesome. I got chills on more than one occasion

The 128kbs really isn't bad, except for some glitching in the first song (which is a shame because it is gorgeous)

because i was just "meh" about their debut and thought it was a tad overrated, i had no problem checking out the 128 rip, and damn! very strong album. i went from not really caring about this band to preordering the album. :drool:

The 128kbs really isn't bad, except for some glitching in the first song (which is a shame because it is gorgeous)
Yeah, and I think there's some in the last as well. Shame, but there'll probably be a better stream in a week or so.
So, what's everyone's favorite tracks on the album so far? Personally, I'm loving "The Plains/Bitter Dancer", "The Cascades", and "Lorelai".

ORORY?

BlankSnowyOrlyOwl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom