Fleet Foxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm very curious as to what NSW's voice sounds like. I always imagined he sounded like some guy trying too hard to sound like he was from New York.

You sound completely normal to me, NSW. By the way, need to finish the Flash Back maps horde achievement sometime soon. Imperor conveniently lost his mic when we were playing COD today.

Just listened to a number of Fleet Foxes songs, I'm not tired of them yet.

So, when you and Beav spoke that one time you met, it was probably like in the Godfather when Michael and other mob guy were talking in Sicilian and the Irish cop couldn't understand them?

Beav's accent is a lot thicker than mine....mostly because I've been gone for almost 12 years now. But, I've never once met anyone that could not understand me due to my accent, and I never will.

Some girls from Michigan made fun of my Philly accent once. I'm convinced they're related to Dalton, or met him at some point.

You sound completely normal to me, NSW. By the way, need to finish the Flash Back maps horde achievement sometime soon. Imperor conveniently lost his mic when we were playing COD today.

Just listened to a number of Fleet Foxes songs, I'm not tired of them yet.

I'm about to go play, so if you're down, we can do that now....I'm off tomorrow and will likely be on then as well....

Beav's accent is a lot thicker than mine....mostly because I've been gone for almost 12 years now. But, I've never once met anyone that could not understand me due to my accent, and I never will.

That's good, considering you're an insanely high powered executive. My one buddy who has a thicker accent than I do cannot be understood by fucking anyone, though he tries too hard.

Some girls from Michigan made fun of my Philly accent once. I'm convinced they're related to Dalton, or met him at some point.

Dan, the Philly accent is one of the strongest accents I've ever heard in all my life. NY'ers have thick accents too, of course, at least some of them do, but, it's not like Philly has no accent...

That's good, considering you're an insanely high powered executive. My one buddy who has a thicker accent than I do cannot be understood by fucking anyone, though he tries too hard.

Well, it flattens out when needed. But, if I talk quickly, or am back home, it gets thicker. I don't care, I like my accent, I like having people know where I hail from....and if they discount me due to that accent upon first meeting me, all the better.

Well, it flattens out when needed. But, if I talk quickly, or am back home, it gets thicker. I don't care, I like my accent, I like having people know where I hail from....and if they discount me due to that accent upon first meeting me, all the better.

Oh, I love having my accent too. I'm extremely proud of it and refer to it every chance I can, if you haven't noticed.

My accent has gotten stronger as I've gotten older for some reason. I suddenly have begun switching back and forth between "you guys" and "yous guys," which I had never done before.

Dan, the Philly accent is one of the strongest accents I've ever heard in all my life. NY'ers have thick accents too, of course, at least some of them do, but, it's not like Philly has no accent...

You see, I've always considered non-rhotic accents thicker than rhotic accents by default.

I never say "yous guys", but definitely say "tawk" and call a drawer a "draw". Houston used to be "Youston" but I had to fix that for professional reasons.

I never say "yous guys", but definitely say "tawk" and call a drawer a "draw". Houston used to be "Youston" but I had to fix that for professional reasons.

My family occasionally makes fun of my father and I for not being able to pronounce certain words correctly that they can. I forget what the examples were, there was some word I couldn't get right, and had never noticed before.

My most blatant Phillyspeak thing is my punctuation of sentences with "you know."

Hah yeah, I may have exaggerated a wee bit.

But it was what I was feeling at the moment as I was listening to the song, so I typed it. Now I can't take it back.

Back
Top Bottom