Fleet Foxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How anyone can think "Mykonos" is their worst song is beyond me.

According to him, it's the alternate version. Then again, he IS in Europe, so maybe the only version he knew was the version we previously thought was crappy, and he hates the guitar version. Who knowz, life is so complicated.

Still the worst song I've heard from the band anyway, it's nice they're having success but I hate that it's on the back of their worst song

I'm confuzzled as the only Mykonos I've heard anywhere has been the guitar one. I thought White Winter Hymnal did relatively well here as well as I've heard it in a dozen clothes stores...Topman and the like.

Just listened to alternate Mykonos, Isles, and now I'm listening to the self-titled EP for the first time. The self-titled EP is very different.

MySpace.com Blogs - Labels - Fll l l l l ee e e e t F ff f f f o xx eeee ss MySpace Blog

"So, I went to the (truly insane and heart-swelling) Dept of Eagles show at Neumo's tonight (sang along and bought a Tee) and a couple people said something about hearing we signed to Virgin Records and they are reissuing a 'special edition' of the CD LP. This is false. I think a Seattle Weekly blog post started this fire, which I will now extinguish, with this statement - 'Fleet Foxes will never, ever, under no circumstances, from now until the world chokes on gas fumes, sign to a major label. This includes all subsidiaries or permutations thereunder. Till we die.'

"I just don't see the point. Most major labels seem anti-music. We've pursued no such deal with Virgin (or been pursued to my knowledge, I think it was just a bit of news they reported) and would be idiots to be unhappy with our fam of label folks.
It is true though that all copies of the CD LP will now include a free copy of the EP (like it is currently with the vinyl), but that's not a 'special limited edition,' it'll be that way in perpetuity, no extra cost or packaging change.

"That's all! Also I cut all my hair off."

Somehow, I now like Fleet Foxes even more than I already did.

That is one of the most singularly cool statements i've heard from a band in an age...major props.

That said if they ever go back on their word there will be some very hacked off people:hmm:

Well... now the narrative law practically demands that they sign with a major some time later, :macdevil:

It will be interesting to see what they do next. Whenever a band comes along that sounds so fully formed on its debut and makes such a unique, accomplished album, a cynical side of me can't help wondering just how much gas is left in the tank.

According to him, it's the alternate version. Then again, he IS in Europe, so maybe the only version he knew was the version we previously thought was crappy, and he hates the guitar version. Who knowz, life is so complicated.

The version on the EP is my favourite song on the EP

The single version or alternative version or whatever it is sounds just plain and boring; plus they removed some of the parts I like best from the song.

For some reason I keep thinking they're coming out with a new album this year sometime. But I have no idea.

Unless you're doing it legally, why would you ever admit that? You're so eager to hear it that you decided to break the law for it and screw the band and Sub Pop over?

I heard Ragged Wood on my radio whilst driving around yesterday. Let me tell you, I was pleased. That song owns.

You should come back home...back on your own now!

Unless you're doing it legally, why would you ever admit that? You're so eager to hear it that you decided to break the law for it and screw the band and Sub Pop over?

:shrug:

Seriously?

I don't buy CDs to "try out" a band. If I've never heard them at all, I'll d/l and see if I like it. If I do, I buy the cd (I'm old-fashioned that way...I like to own the cds of music I like). If I don't like it, I don't buy it & get rid of the files....won't be listening to them anyway. No one really loses out. It's actually more useless and wasteful to buy a cd and never listen to it more than once.

If you think that's a unique approach, you've got your head in the sand. Hope you've never had a leaked U2 clip emailed to you.

And thanks for assuming that I was downloading illegally and not from iTunes, Amazon, or elsewhere. :up:

[/derailing]

I'm liking this so far. First impression is that it reminds me of a cleaned up & better put-together Yeasayer, among others.

ARE you downloading it legally from iTunes, Amazon, or elsewhere? If so, I'll apologize.

If you're stealing from the artist and label and trying to justify it ridiculously like you did above, I'll continue to think you're the scum of the earth and don't deserve to even post on a music fan forum, as you're the epitome of why the industry is screwed up.

ARE you downloading it legally from iTunes, Amazon, or elsewhere? If so, I'll apologize.

If you're stealing from the artist and label and trying to justify it ridiculously like you did above, I'll continue to think you're the scum of the earth and don't deserve to even post on a music fan forum, as you're the epitome of why the industry is screwed up.

Emailed files from my brother-in-law, who owns the CD and is the source of a lot of new bands that I try out. :shrug:

As I said, I buy the music that I like. If it's something I don't like, there's absolutely no fucking difference between listening to a downloaded file and deleting it versus clicking a link and listening to a clip on Youtube. That's right.

Wow. I guess you didn't listen to music in the 80s or 90s and never copied a cassette tape off of a friend. That was all fine and good then. It's only evil now because copies are so readily available on the internet. I hope you've never made a mix tape for anyone. Shit, that's like giving your girlfriend a stolen necklace for Valentine's Day.

If you've seriously, seriously never copied a cassette tape in the 80s or 90s and you've never had a file emailed to you, please...go on and hate me as the scum of the earth, and enjoy your halo & wings. :up:

Great reply.

Just because you CAN do a thing, and just because that thing is prevalent, does not make it right, no matter how justifications you attach to the action.

Can you honestly lay your hand on the bible and swear that you never copied a piece of music in your life, No spoken words? NEVER?

Emailed files from my brother-in-law, who owns the CD and is the source of a lot of new bands that I try out. :shrug:

As I said, I buy the music that I like. If it's something I don't like, there's absolutely no fucking difference between listening to a downloaded file and deleting it versus clicking a link and listening to a clip on Youtube. That's right.

Wow. I guess you didn't listen to music in the 80s or 90s and never copied a cassette tape off of a friend. That was all fine and good then. It's only evil now because copies are so readily available on the internet.

If you've seriously, seriously never copied a cassette tape in the 80s or 90s and you've never had a file emailed to you, please...go on and hate me as the scum of the earth, and enjoy your halo & wings. :up:

Not to defend U2popmofo, because he can take care of himself, but please consider this:

Some of us work in the entertainment industry. Some of us are watching a lot of people getting laid off recently, due to the economy, and some of us, prior to recent layoffs, have seen other friends laid off because of a lack of sales at certain record companies, big and small.

Some of us take that personally, because it hits home, and thus hate seeing the fruits of our coworker's/friend's labor stolen because it's easy to do.

Some of us do not need a halo or wings to look down on this particular activity. Does that make you scum? No, I'm not quite that hardcore, but it always disappoints me and bothers me, and if you cannot understand that I do not know what to tell you.

Lastly, the argument about taping songs is weak, and someone as smart as you are must know this. We're adults now, and presumably can afford to buy CD's. When I taped songs off of the radio, I was ten and, to be honest, really did not even know it was illegal...how the hell would I know that? Now, if I want something, I buy it, and if I cannot afford it, I cannot buy it, simple as that.

Again, I'm not passing judgement on you or anyone else, because who the fuck am I to do so? But, as person who works in the entertainment industry, hopefully you can see how the illegal downloading of music, movies, etc, would rankle.

Can you honestly lay your hand on the bible and swear that you never copied a piece of music in your life, No spoken words? NEVER?

As a young kid, yup.

As an adult? Maybe twice? Possibly just once, and it was not to check something out to see if I'd buy it, it was because something I already pre-purchased was leaked, and I wanted an early listen.

And my putting a hand on a bible wouldn't mean shit, but that's another discussion.

Back
Top Bottom