Fleet Foxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is one of the few bands that I actually prefer listening to live vocals rather than the album.

I wonder if the band's songs will always take a stripped down approach, or if they'll change their sound a bit for future recordings. Most people, I've noticed, don't like it when bands don't deliver something "new" or "fresh," and remain stagnant in their songwriting/production. Although I'd be ecstatic to hear much, much more of the same, I can't help but wonder what the band would sound like if they switched things up from time to time. Ah well, I'm sure there'll be plenty of time until their next album for speculation.

All this said, my favourite 5 Fleet Foxes songs (in no order) are:

Blue Ridge Mountains
Quiet Houses
Mykonos
White Winter Hymnal (not at first, but it's a grower)
Heard Them Stirring

I tried to like this album
but I get slightly bored by it
I do think it's very good though, just not for me

The Sun Giant EP is fantastic! I could listen to it twice a day for the next year I think and not get sick of it.

I'm totally gonna watch it if I can remember.

My favorite song on the LP lately is Oliver James. That chorus sounds timeless.

"Oliver James washed in the rain no loooooonger..."

Oh yeah! I'm staying up for Conan....

Yet another band I've discovered and started to love from the recommendations of this forum:up:

Bought the album today and gave it a few listens at work.

I definitely liked it, but in the future I suspect I'll really need to be in a certain mood to listen to it.

Bought the album today and gave it a few listens at work.

I definitely liked it, but in the future I suspect I'll really need to be in a certain mood to listen to it.

It'll come. I actually disliked the album the first few times I heard it, because I thought it was a let down after the EP. :shh:

I fell asleep about half way through Conan, luckily I have the show on my DVR and have today off. I'll go watch it in a moment.

2-4 are good on the Sun Giant EP. 1 and 5, to me, are kinda wasted space. Throw 2-4 into a mix with the album, though, and you've got one fucking sweet album.

See them perform Sun Giant live, and you'll likely change your mind on that tune. I'll agree that Innocent Son isn't a favorite though.

Back
Top Bottom