Fleet Foxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fleet Foxes drummer J. Tillman has left the band, according to a post made yesterday on his Tumblr. "Back into the gaping maw of obscurity I go," he wrote in the farewell message. "Tokyo is my last show with the Foxes. Sorry if I was distant and obtuse if we ever met. Have fun." That show takes place tomorrow night at Studio Coast in Tokyo.

Tillman has released several solo albums, including 2010's Singing Ax and 2009's Vacilando Territory Blues and Year in the Kingdom, all on Western Vinyl. He joined Fleet Foxes in 2008.

J. Tillman Leaves Fleet Foxes, Other Members Form New Band Poor Moon | News | Pitchfork

Damn. That Take Away Show song is awesome. I'll have to check out his solo stuff

After listening to that J Tillman song a bunch, I think I can comfortably say it's better than anything on Helplessness Blues. What do you guys think?

Apparently they were on Austin City Limits this last weekend, did anyone watch?

I watched. I fast-forwarded the DVR through the sax part :wink: I only wish they would have gotten a full hour like Arcade Fire had the week before.

Fleet Foxes Announce New Album Crack-Up, Share New Song: Listen | Pitchfork

Crack-Up - release date: June 16

01 I Am All That I Need / Arroyo Seco / Thumbprint Scar
02 Cassius, -
03 - Naiads, Cassadies
04 Kept Woman
05 Third of May / Ōdaigahara
06 If You Need To, Keep Time on Me
07 Mearcstapa
08 On Another Ocean (January / June)
09 Fool’s Errand
10 I Should See Memphis
11 Crack-Up

05-26-29 Sydney, Australia - Sydney Opera House Concert Hall
07-01 Vilanova i la Geltrú, Spain - Vida Festival
07-03 Ferrara, Italy - Piazza Castello ^
07-07 Bilbao, Spain - Bilboa BBK Live
07-13 Dublin, Ireland - Iveagh Gardens
07-14 Dublin, Ireland - Iveagh Gardens
07-16 Southwold, England - Latitude Festival
07-27 Portland, ME - Thompson’s Point
07-28 Newport, RI - Newport Folk Festival
07-29 Columbia, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion *
07-31 Philadelphia, PA - Mann Center for the Performing Arts *
08-01 Brooklyn, NY - BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival (Prospect Park Bandshell)
08-04 Toronto, Ontario - Massey Hall
08-06 Detroit, MI - The Detroit Masonic Temple
09-23 Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl @
09-27 Morrison, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheatre @

^ with Hamilton Leithauser
* with Animal Collective
@ with Beach House

I love how this thread has been vacant since 2012, and what's at the top of the page? How much people dug ol' Josh Tillman, when I just visited the Father John Misty thread. Ha!

If anyone is interested, at 9:00 AM PST there will be new additions to the Vinyl Me Please member store, including:

Fleet Foxes, Crack-Up (Blue/Gold Vinyl, LTD to 1,500) WILL SHIP IN JULY, $27

for anyone interested in a subscription, use the following link and you will get a $10 credit to use in store

Vinyl Me, Please. The best damn record club.

:wave:

Finally coming out tomorrow! I've been looking forward to this for ages. I heard Third Of May once and Keep Time On Me once. Based on those listens, I'm super excired!

It's a difficult listen. But not bad. I miss the obvious melodies, but these are interesting. Less chance I'll sing along with the whole album ever. I'm sure they're heartbroken about that. Heh.

It's an album from an ultra mainstream folk band, not Metal Machine Music :wink:

It's already receiving great reviews, but I think more people will get into the album over time, even after a few listens.

Last edited:
I'm just a standard listener and not a critic or anything (obvi), but I find the melodies to be more admirable than memorable after three listens. Keep Time might be my favorite.

The second half of On Another Ocean is amazing. That song and Third Of May are the big pay-offs.

I don't agree at all with the idea that this is a difficult album to listen to. I think it's pretty accessible - the melodies reveal themselves upon a first listen. There is a lot going on in these songs, which I hope will lead to new discoveries as I listen to it again, but I couldn't be happier with my first contact with this album. Great stuff.

Now THIS is what I was hoping for with Crack-Up. This feels like a better continuation from Helplessness Blues for sure.

It's so good. I really love it. Maybe a tad less experimental than Crack Up, but more atmospheric and transcendental.

Wonderful album. Couldn’t get into the last record like I did the first two, I guess this is more my preferred mode. Sufjan Friday!

Back
Top Bottom