Fleet Foxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finally listened to it! I liked it quite a bit.

After reading all your comments about the noise at the end of that one song, I had to laugh when I finally heard it. It's pretty irritating.

After reading all your comments about the noise at the end of that one song, I had to laugh when I finally heard it. It's pretty irritating.

I think I did the same. I knew it was coming, but even then it didn't prepare me for just how bad it would really be.

At least it's not Montezuma's Revenge being lodged in another part of your body for 48 hours.

Crap, I was thinking it was later this week. I'm not going to be able to swing it.

Crap, I was thinking it was later this week. I'm not going to be able to swing it.

Ahh too bad. At least you got your Red Butte tix. btw Do you have any strategy for U2 GA in two weeks. I don't have to work that day so I'm contemplating how early I wanna go.

I actually have seats, not GA.

My only strategy is to avoid spontaneously combusting from rage at hearing The Fray live.

Ahh cool. At least with seats, you don't have to show up until The Fray has left the stage if you don't want. Meanwhile I will be down on the field forced to suffer through it :wink:

The NPR stream for Fleet Foxes actually sounds pretty bad, not good quality at all.

Opened with Grown Ocean

Having now listened to Helplessness Blues five times, I offer the following assessment: it has higher peaks than Fleet Foxes (Montezuma, The Plains / Bitter Dancer, and Blue Spotted Tail among them), but, on the whole, FF is more consistent. Which I prefer is really a toss-up at this point.

I was writing an important email at work earlier that required a lot of attention to wording, and was very focused on the task at hand. I had my iPod playing in the background while working, but not really even noticing what was playing at all. As I'm finishing up the email and being able to relax a bit, suddenly thought to myself, "Wait a second, what the hell is this nightmare going on in my ears?!", and I looked at the iPod and realized the ending to The Shrine / An Argument was playing.

I laughed.

I found some friends that are going to the Red Butte show, mofo, so I just ordered my ticket:hi5:

I am definitely excited for this one. This may turn out to be a great summer for concerts in Utah :up:

Saw them live at Rock Werchter a few days ago and it was absolutely amazing. I saw bands like Queens Of The Stone Age, The National, Arctic Monkeys, Elbow and Coldplay there but Fleet Foxes were the best of them all. Especially The Shrine/An Argument is brilliant live.

They also got a lot of crowd response, maybe a bit too much. They had to wait sometimes to begin a new song. Robin seemed uncomfortable and didn't know what was going on. He even asked "are you guys on tv or what?" which was not the case.

Awesome, nielsgov. I'll be seeing them on the 14th. The venue they're playing here is awesome. Saw them play the same one a couple years back and it was one of the best shows I've seen.

22nd for me (and I believe UiU is going as well. It's a sold out show in a cool venue I've never been to), I'm also psyched. Listened to the new album again yesterday in prep.

I'll see you them......in September.

hapbye.jpg

i wish i had the time to still go see bands live. Fleet Foxes would be on the top of the list.

my family is the only live band i'll be seeing anytime soon.

ps. my 2 year old daughter plays a mean piano and drums. *grabs tylenol

You guys are bumming me out. You could say I have the blues. Of a helpless nature.

Seeing them next Saturday. :) This gives me an excuse to indulge in one of the best discographies of any new band the rest of this week.

They were fantastic last night, and the venue was a beautiful location to see them. I was worried that the sound wouldn't be anywhere as good as the last time I saw them since it was outdoors, but it ended up being far better than I expected. It was fun to watch the crowd get more and more into it as the show went on as well. I'd post the setlist, but it looks like they've been as static as U2 lately.

UiU, where were you location wise?

Glad you enjoyed it. I really want to see them at their own show too and not just at a festival.

Forgot to mention that I really, really loved their show last week. They're total professionals; the older tracks have gotten tougher and more confident, and the newer ones are still strong. What I really loved was how well the show was paced; it was basically a perfect setlist, with Blue Ridge Mountains and Helplessness Blues closing the show very strongly.

Back
Top Bottom