Fleet Foxes - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #241
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 440
Local Time: 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
As a young kid, yup.

As an adult? Maybe twice? Possibly just once, and it was not to check something out to see if I'd buy it, it was because something I already pre-purchased was leaked, and I wanted an early listen.

And my putting a hand on a bible wouldn't mean shit, but that's another discussion.
I guess you're a wrong person then.
__________________

__________________
ybab gnuthca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:01 PM   #242
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybab gnuthca View Post
I guess you're a wrong person then.
I don't really know what that means, I'm not 100% sure that I even want to.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #243
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,289
Local Time: 02:36 PM
How fucking awesome are Fleet Foxes, tho? Shit, mang. They came outta nowhere with their beards and their pretty sounds and melodies and imagery and gave us some wonderful stuff. A ridiculously accomplished output of songs for such a young band. I love it. I swear. Hands on the bible.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:06 PM   #244
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 02:36 PM
I challenge you all to a cage match. Please make sure to wear leotards and/or speedos.

Thanx, guyz.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:06 PM   #245
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 04:36 PM
Have you ever made mixes for people? Do you watch music videos on YouTube? Do you watch clips of movies or tv shows on YouTube? How many of the music videos that you have on your computer did you purchase? Have you ever listened to recordings from people standing outside of Bono's house?

Throw a rock in the air.....

If someone only downloads illegally and never pays for anything, fine, that's wrong. If you trash the crap you don't like and ultimately buy a hard copy of what you do, no blood lost. If there's an artist or person in the industry who would really sleep better knowing that they've got my ten bucks and I hate their material and will never listen to it more than that once, well...wow.


Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I challenge you all to a cage match. Please make sure to wear leotards and/or speedos.
Will Cori and April attend?
__________________
Utoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #246
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post
Have you ever made mixes for people? Do you watch music videos on YouTube? Do you watch clips of movies or tv shows on YouTube? How many of the music videos that you have on your computer did you purchase? Have you ever listened to recordings from people standing outside of Bono's house? Do you read an excerpt of a book on Amazon or in person before you buy it?

Throw a rock in the air.....

If someone only downloads illegally and never pays for anything, fine, that's wrong. If you trash the crap you don't like and ultimately buy a hard copy of what you do, no blood lost. If there's an artist or person in the industry who would really sleep better knowing that they've got my ten bucks and I hate their material and will never listen to it more than that once, well...wow.
It's hard for me to debate with someone who does something that's clearly wrong, but keeps defending it. I'd rather you just say "Yup, it's illegal, I do it anyway and I don't really care about the overall impact this has on the industry". It would be purer than repeated attempts to lump me in with you to help justify your own behavior.

I've not attacked you, I've not called you any names, I've not really done anything but explain my stance on why the out and out stealing of music bothers me.

Again, if you cannot understand how this would bother someone that works in the entertainment industry, I do not know what to tell you and I'll just move on. Thank you for listening.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #247
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 440
Local Time: 08:36 PM
You're living in a fantasy world.
__________________
ybab gnuthca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #248
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post



Will Cori and April attend?
I would download that, legally or illegally.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:13 PM   #249
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybab gnuthca View Post
You're living in a fantasy world.
And you're a dick. We're even now, yes? Good.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #250
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
It's hard for me to debate with someone who does something that's clearly wrong, but keeps defending it. I'd rather you just say "Yup, it's illegal, I do it anyway and I don't really care about the overall impact this has on the industry". It would be purer than repeated attempts to lump me in with you to help justify your own behavior.

I've not attacked you, I've not called you any names, I've not really done anything but explain my stance on why the out and out stealing of music bothers me.

Again, if you cannot understand how this would bother someone that works in the entertainment industry, I do not know what to tell you and I'll just move on. Thank you for listening.

I completely understand. And I will readily admit that it's "illegal." Jay-walking is "illegal," too.

I'm not attacking anyone, either, though I do find that it's hypocritical and wrong in my point of view to make an argument against something that is absolutely no worse or different than anything that one might have done oneself.
__________________
Utoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #251
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I would download that, legally or illegally.
__________________
Utoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #252
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
And my putting a hand on a bible wouldn't mean shit, but that's another discussion.
I would say, "It would mean a lot when your hand catches on fire as soon as you touch it," but I'm sure Jesus wouldn't do that to one of his own.

Now down to business. Scumbo and NSW, do you also think its wrong to listen to an album at a Virgin store and then decide not to listen to an album? Do you think it is wrong to borrow an album from a friend and then decide not to buy it?
__________________
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #253
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 440
Local Time: 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
And you're a dick. We're even now, yes? Good.
I know you are, but what am I?
__________________
ybab gnuthca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #254
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post
I completely understand. And I will readily admit that it's "illegal." Jay-walking is "illegal," too.

I'm not attacking anyone, either, though I do find that it's hypocritical and wrong in my point of view to make an argument against something that is absolutely no worse or different than anything that one might have done oneself.
I really do my best to abstain from doing anything for free that I'd normally pay for......which, ironically, is Girls Aloud Fan's stance on sex. Some people like professionals, and GAF is one of them.

I see your point, though, I just had to weigh in.

I also like my taking the time to mention that I'm not attacking you, only to call someone else a "dick" immediately thereafter. Nice work, NSW.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #255
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybab gnuthca View Post
I know you are, but what am I?
That's unfair in that there is no real good reply to that comeback. Checkmate.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fleet foxes

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com