Fleet Foxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Mofo, was there a password or you just go through the site? Did you have to go right at 10?

Went through the venue's site. Had to pay to become a member of the garden / venue to get tickets, which was annoying.

Sounds about the same as the last one, perhaps slightly larger in scope. Not sure what there is to hate about it unless you lost your taste for the debut entirely.

I can't hear someone sing "oh man, oh my, oh me" without wanting to punch them in the face. Dude's voice is off compared to the debut too. Three listens has solidified my hate. Already put my tickets up on Craigslist too.

For fuck's sake. What a bummer. I was really looking forward to liking this.

I like this one a lot more than the first, and that's not to say I wasn't a fan of the first record, I just never was quite the fan that everyone else seemed to be. The sound on this one is just so in my wheelhouse.

For some reason I thought this wasn't coming out until later in May. What a nice surprise to learn I was wrong. :lol:

I'm really looking forward to hearing it. I haven't heard anything other than the first song that was released a few months ago, and I randomly caught part of another song on KEXP this afternoon.

The last two minutes of The Shrine/An Argument is the worst thing I've heard this year. Most ill-advised ending to a song since Radiohead's The National Anthem. AHHH.

"Grown Ocean" is an easy contender for their best song though. Holy fuck, still gives me goosebumps every time.

PhilsFan said:
The last two minutes of The Shrine/An Argument is the worst thing I've heard this year. Most ill-advised ending to a song since Radiohead's The National Anthem. AHHH.

No shit. Between that Yakety Sax, the embarrassingly maudlin vocal/lyrics, and a fucking JONNY QUEST REFERENCE..... woof.

The ending of "National Anthem" is awesome though.

Fleet Foxes=Helplessness Blues<Sun Giant

I'm a big fan of Sun Giant, but I can't really see how it would be stronger than the self-titled album. To me, the ST is just a more fully-realized and better-executed version of the EP. As you say, they're both great, though.

Back
Top Bottom