Fleet Foxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I couldn't resist temptation. I'm weak. I could tell the difference in quality, but this album is amazing. Can't wait to see them live! If they're selling it, I'll be getting the album on cd and vinyl!

...nothing. I'm not sure what you mean by "wrong", but it's an auction by the singer with all the proceeds going for tsunami relief. Pretty sure that can be seen as a tax-write off and a good charity. So (a) it's not as if someone got ahold of a test pressing against band/record label will, and (b) the [rich] people who are bidding are getting an album super early, supporting a good cause, and getting a nice tax write-off. :shrug:

Not sure what they were going for with the sax at the end of The Shrine/An Argument, but its otherwise a fantastic song.

Ha, I was just fuckin around with that whole thing. I actually really like this band, and am looking forward to hearing this thing. Even "Lorelai."

I've got the album on my computer. Just waiting for the right mood to strike, and I'll sit down and give it a whirl.

Oh, I was just referring to your propensity to describe shit as being "dope." And, Fleet Foxes being Fleet Foxes, shit is always dope.

Ahh, damn. I should've have put that together.

I think I'm going to listen to this right now, actually.

Ahh, damn. I should've have put that together.

I think I'm going to listen to this right now, actually.

good decision. i'm not one of those "OMG AOTY" kids that makes that statement after every album they listen to, so for me to say this says a lot.

OMG AOTY!!!!!1

I agree with the Album of the Year sentiment. Or at least, album to beat.

The first thing that struck me with this album was how its richness puts all other releases in recent memory to shame. It's such a dense record

I posted that in the random thread a week ago or so, but no one commented on it. Thanks for putting it here. :)

i wasn't a huge fan of their first album, and this album has helped me appreciate it more. don't you love when certain albums really open up the rest of a band's discography?

Album hasn't held up especially well under multiple listens, unlike their debut which grew on me. Still, kinda dope.

I've given the album two listens through, and it's very good. Could potentially be great. It's clear to me, while listening, that they put a lot of work into this. It sounds excellent - a lot of the guitar work/guitar tones are very cool. And they still pump out those warm and familiar vocal harmonies and melodies. One of the best albums I've heard so far in the 2011.

Montezuma is just a fantastic opener. I'll find some more specific favorite tracks as I give it more listens.

Kyle Orton.

I think one of the tracks threw me for a loop because of the complete and utter lack of reverb. It's strikingly different and intimate. It could have just been another Isles, but because it's like he's in the room with you and not in a large hall with you, it's more personal.

Yeah definitely not in love with this one. But "Lorelai" and "Grown Ocean" are fucking aces.

I think one of the tracks threw me for a loop because of the complete and utter lack of reverb. It's strikingly different and intimate. It could have just been another Isles, but because it's like he's in the room with you and not in a large hall with you, it's more personal.

Blue Spotted Tail?

On a similar note, I love how dry the fiddle is on Bedouin Dress compared to the rest of the song. It really stands out in an interesting way.

Also, probably my album of 2011 so far

I listened to it once and was blown away. I pre-ordered it immediately. Now I'm gonna try to not listen to it until I have the album.

Back
Top Bottom