Fleet Foxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, your lies are like drops in the river compared to his.

That fucking Boner.

Funny for this thread to be bumped, as I listened to the album today for the first time in a while. It's still the joint.

I can't wait to hear what the follow up will sound like. Because I'm sure they could keep writing tons of songs in the vein of Sun Giant/self-titled, but there's gotta be some sort of artistic shift.

Wouldn't it be cool if they came out and turned into a hardcore punk band or some shit like that?

but there's gotta be some sort of artistic shift.

Theyre only one and a half albums in. I think they can get away with one more in the same vein as the last two. I'd still be happy if they gave us 12 new songs that were all as good as Mykonos

An album with twelve songs as good as "Mykonos" would be the best album of all time.

Going to see these guys in a few hours :hyper: then that will be it for concerts until the Sept 17 U2 show. Its been a good summer for seeing quality bands.

Lolla this, Lolla that. NSW = Braggy McGee

Have fun, Jive Turkey. Let us know if they play anything new (and how it is if they do).

wow... really good performance tonight. their voices sounded incredible and whoever was working the soundboard should get a high five. The sound was spot on. They played at Massey Hall which is a fairly small venue, but is known for having really good acoustics. There was even a point in the concert where Robin was playing on his own, unplugged his guitar, walked infront of the microphones and sang us a purely acoustic song (I didnt recognize it, maybe a cover or a new one, but it was really nice). It seemed pretty impromptu because he pretty much played in the dark; there were no spotlights or anything on him. They played 2 other new songs during the set, but he didnt name them. One of them was your typical Fleet Foxes type ditty; a sort of Sun It Rises feel with the riff and harmonies, but it didnt particularly stand out for me. The other song, on the other hand, was fucking beautiful. Someone yelled out after it had ended "whats the name of that one" but I dont think they heard him. I'll have to find out. He mentioned that it was meant as a thematic sequel to Tiger Mountain Peasant Song. It was a great show all round. Between songs there was a nice banter between the band and the audience. Some jokes and messing around a bit and what not. Robin also mentioned that it was very special for them to be playing Massey Hall. Its an old venue with a lot of history. By the end of the show, he was saying that it was his favourite show hes ever performed (and he seemed genuine). The audience was really appreciative of the band and vice versa. I think by the time it was all over, we gave them 3 standing ovations and in return we got an extra encore. Robin came out on his own and played Meadowlarks. It was a request from the audience because he didnt have anything prepared for a second encore. He was worried he'd fuck it up because he hasnt played it in over a year, but he played it perfectly and it was a great way to finish a perfect set. NSW, you're really gonna enjoy them in a few days. U2popmofo, I'll see if i can find out what the new song was called and dig up a recording of it

Am I the only person in the world that doesn't think Mykonos is the quintessential shit? I mean, it's as great as all their stuff, but I prefer at least 2 other songs on just that EP.

Well, yeah, it's fucking awesome, but it's not as good as "Drops in the River."

Hearing "Mykonos" in McCarran on Saturday kind of made me like it less. Because I'm that fucking indie.

I'm a fucking bonehead. The new song that I liked was the same BBC one thats been floating around online for a few weeks. Blue Spotted Tail. I downloaded it, but forgot to listen to it. They played it full band tonight and it was longer than this solo recording. Should be good when they record it for the new disc

Fleet Foxes: "Blue Spotted Tail" (MP3)

And ya, there are better songs than Mykonos. It seems to be one of the most immediate though. Its one of their only songs that jumped out at me on the first listen. I still love it, but you're right, there are better tunes when you dig a little deeper

I'd punch GAF for so many reasons.

And, listen, I'm sorry, but if the 2nd album by these cats is not awesome, I'm going to want to punch all of you. Twice. In the soul.

There is no set release date or anything concrete (title, track listing, etc.) regarding a new record but we know they've been recording and, using my powers of deductive reasoning and my years of experience following the habits of rock acts, I'd guess the album will most certainly be out in 2011. And more than likely sometime within the first half of 2011.

But, who fucking knows.

Ragged Wood is such a great song.

I thought I remember them saying that they'd have one out by the end of the year. Doesn't seem likely now, but it has to be coming soon. I really hope it's a winter release though; their music fits the mood

They might as well shine it up to their liking. Having an album out in January is always a bad thing, even for the indietastic groups. It's easy to forget albums released early in the year, and critic year-end lists are important for bands like Fleet Foxes who grew based on word-of-mouth.

But, since I'm just a fan, I couldn't give a fuck. As far as I'm concerned, they're sell-outs for using a multitrack to begin with.

All I've heard is that they were thinking about naming it Deepwater Horizon. I dont know if that was tongue in cheek or not

Back
Top Bottom