Fitz and the Tantrums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Haha, no problem :D. I'll have to listen to that Andrew Bird song in a bit....I'm uh...listening to The Dream Academy right now....

I was debating whether to buy the latest album on Amazon MP3, as it is a $5 special this month. I think that I will after this recommendation.

They're reminding me a lot of some artist from the '80s on that new song, but I can't put my finger on whom, exactly. Some new wave-y/alternative artist...I want to say maybe in the vein of Pet Shop Boys type of stuff, but no. I dunno. Agh, that's gonna drive me nuts now.

I rather liked the song, though. I liked the little "Ooooh..." bits, and that chorus was incredibly catchy and it's stuck in my head.

I also definitely like the first two songs that kick off this thread. I've been meaning to ask if these guys were worth checking out further. Looks like I'll have to check out their last album, then.

Those two songs are absolutely my favorites by them as yet.

They mention in the article that I attached that they kind of ended up with something that sounded more 80s (the lead single at least) as opposed to 60s and I'm just not sure how I'm feeling about that. The main reason I love these guys was how awesomely, authentically funky they are.

Yeah, I was just listening to them again and they're good stuff. I was debating which of the two was my particular favorite and I can't make a choice. It's a draw.

I can understand that-I definitely like that '60s style vibe in "Moneygrabber", after all. But if they can balance that side of them with the '80s side, kind of the way a group like, say, ABC did (I think that's the band that I was trying to compare them to), it could potentially work. Guess we'll see soon.

I didn't hear this band until later in the game, and really like the first album. Looking forward to the new one. :up:

You don't know how happy I am to see this thread here. Love the first album and they are so very good live. I've seen them at two festivals and they had the whole crowd up and dancing. Michael Fitzpatrick is a great front man, really energetic and engaging.

They are touring with Bruno Mars which is slightly disappointing as I at some point would like to see them at their own show. Thankfully, for me, they are an LA band so I'm sure they will do something here for the new album.

Lucked out and got into a free Fitz and the Tantrums show last night at the House of Blues. It was being filmed for March Madness.

Great show, and they played a bunch of new stuff. My favorites of the new songs were Spark, She's Outta my League and Break the Walls. All of the new stuff they played was uptempo and Spark, which was released a while back has a great hook.

28wjg9u.jpg

Oh man...that was....really...really good.

I'm a little disappointed, because it feels like there's hardly any funk.

But...it's so good....

Back
Top Bottom