Favourite Moments in Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Milla Jovovich released an album, The Divine Comedy, back in 1994 and it is awesome!

This is my favorite song off of it, Reaching From Nowhere. It has a well-paced build up to the climax of the song, and it is intense but beautiful.

My favorite part if from 1:55 to 2:12:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dq0GaslhVM

Radiohead - How to Disappear Completely

4:35 to the end. That haunting falsetto and the way it rises and dives beneath the strings makes for one of the most beautiful moments in music. It's this end part that makes this my favorite Radiohead song.

4. How To Disappear Completely - YouTube

Beautiful song altogether, but the first 20 seconds is my most favorite part, especially at 0:13.

If I were ever inclined to make a list of my favorite songs ever, that would surely make the cut.

Was just listening to the Hollywood Bowl show where he played the whole album. Out of order, oddly enough.

I don't know what to say to people who don't think it's Van's best. Like, Moondance? Really not close. It's otherworldly; no other album sounds like that.

Veedon Fleece comes close-ish for me, but only because it attempts to recapture the Astral Weeks sound and generally succeeds. Moondance is also great yeah.

Sigur Rós | Untitled #8 (Official Live Video) - YouTube
Sigur Ros - Untitled #8 (Popplagið) (at 6:30)

M83 'Wait' Official video - YouTube
M83 - Wait (at 3:25)

The Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight - YouTube
The Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight (the intro, as well as 3:30 on)

Bruce Springsteen - Secret Garden - YouTube
Bruce Springsteen - Secret Garden (3:20 - sax solo)

Am I doing this right? :hyper:

Yes to every single one of these, though I hadn't heard that first one before (the live version I mean).

Might be one of Clarence's best solos right there, IMO.

Was just listening to the Hollywood Bowl show where he played the whole album. Out of order, oddly enough.

I don't know what to say to people who don't think it's Van's best. Like, Moondance? Really not close. It's otherworldly; no other album sounds like that.

I think it was Phil Lynott who said Astral Weeks is the only true classic album there is.

It's fantastic. And the regular CD (the one on sale since the early 90's) doesn't even come close to the vinyl release from 5 years ago. It's really worth buying this vinyl edition.

Beside You and Slim Slow Slider are my favourite but i like all of the songs.

Veedon Fleece comes close-ish for me, but only because it attempts to recapture the Astral Weeks sound and generally succeeds. Moondance is also great yeah.

I love all three of those, and I'd add St Dominic's Preview to the list of favorite Van albums. (I love Tupelo Honey as well, but not quite as much as Moondance, because Moondance has Caravan, which is currently my favorite Van song.)

Sigur Rós | Untitled #8 (Official Live Video) - YouTube
Sigur Ros - Untitled #8 (Popplagið) (at 6:30)

M83 'Wait' Official video - YouTube
M83 - Wait (at 3:25)

The Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight - YouTube
The Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight (the intro, as well as 3:30 on)

Bruce Springsteen - Secret Garden - YouTube
Bruce Springsteen - Secret Garden (3:20 - sax solo)

Am I doing this right? :hyper:

If nothing else, this made me watch the Bill Clinton plays M83 clip for some reason. I think because I saw "M83" and "sax solo"

Walk Away Renee - The Left Banke - YouTube

Every chorus in this song is incredible, but especially the first and last one which feels particularly poignant and heart-swellingly beautiful because of its simplicity and childlike imagery:

Just walk away, Renée
You won't see me follow you back home
The empty sidewalks on my block are not the same
You're not to blame

I also like when he then lists all their names and such. I'm tired again, I've tried again.

I came in expecting 10 pages filled with youtube videos of you guys singing about your favourite moments....

It would be plural if we're talking about several people's favourite moments, and thus several songs

YE9pTvf.gif

Back
Top Bottom