Favorite Music Videos of 2008 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
I'd been thinking the last few days that it would probably be easier to keep up to date on everyone's fav. music videos this way than waiting until an end of the year "best of" type thread with an overwhelming amount of links. Just link your favorite music videos that have come out in 2008 so we can all watch. I'll keep updating through out the year, hopefully you will as well!

Here are my favs so far in no particular order:

Weezer - Pork and Beans
Unless you've never watched a single video off of Youtube in your life, you'll enjoy this video.

Vampire Weekend - A-Punk
Love the stop-motion-esque effect used in this. Fun vid, fun song.

The Buddy System - Clap Paws
Unexpected hilarity at the very end of this video, I nearly fell off of the couch the first time I saw it.

The Buddy System - Return To Horse Mountain
After watching Clap Paws, I immediately went to the internet and looked up The Buddy System. I found this, and I haven't been able to decide which of the videos I think is more hilarious since.

Goldfrapp - A&E
This was made by Dougal Wilson, the same director from last year's unbelievably awesome Bat For Lashes - 'What's A Girl To Do?' video. While it's not quite the video that was (what really is?), it's still got an extremely entertaining and bizarre direction to it. As always, Alison seems to look beautiful and ugly at the same time. The song itself is still probably one of my favorite singles of the year.

Goldfrapp - Happiness
This second Goldfrapp single (sorry to post 2 Goldfrapp and 2 Buddy System vids, but I think all 4 really are worth watching!) was also directed by Dougal Wilson. I just saw this for the first time today, and enjoyed it greatly. Yet again, he hits the mark with something bizarrely awesome. The video fits with song superbly, I think I like this more than the A&E vid.

I don't think I've ever been so thoroughly entertained by any video as I was by "Pork and Beans." It's sad just how many of those references I got.

I think pretty much the only "new" music video I've seen this year is Mariah Carey's Touch My Body. And I really don't think it qualifies as favorite. lol. Although, Mariah is hot though!

I haven't seen a memorable music video in a couple of years... (other than the super sexy pop/rock escapist adventure videos of Girls Aloud)

Maybe I'm not looking in the right places. :shrug:

'Wanderlust' by Bjork is pretty freakin' awesome. And while I am not a huge fan of the song - the clip for '4 Minutes' with everything being eaten away by Justin's huge lack of talent (cleverly visualised as a big mirrored nothing) is pretty cool.

:yes:

It adds something to the song, for all it's sillines there is a serious undertone there which I like.

I agree. At first I was laughing but then I started getting mad when you see them dancing like goof balls and the the bodies being dumped and carried away. I think its a great video that puts thing in perspective.

okay, here are some, just 6 for now::kiss:
Rockstar - Nickelback

QuesadillaBurger_det.jpg

I'll have one.

Oh, I absolutely loved the Weezer video. :up:

this doesn't really count, as it's a fan video... and it only lasts two and a half minutes, but it's beautiful.
so there.

YouTube - Videotape

it's something i would have made, had i the patience or the amateur talent required.

ach... my posted video wins. give me money.
if i had a girlfriend who smiled like that all the time, i'd probably... you know, be real happy and stuff.

That was good, Gickies. Made me want to go camping though, Gickies. I looked at your favorite video list, Gickies. D'ya have any gum, Gickies?

i can't find the gum one anymore! bugger.
i'm glad we're more than "friends" now. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom