Favorite Bruce Springsteen Albums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your five favorites.

• Total voters

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Please vote for your FIVE (5) FAVORITES

I'm going to start up a Springsteen survivor probably next week, but, as with the R.E.M. survivor, it seems the best way to get things going is to see what people like the most. A system, I suspect, will be more easily created with that information. AND like the R.E.M. survivor, I'm going with asking you to vote for your top five rather than just one favorite, for the sake of accuracy, and not a poll skewed towards one album or the other. I am going to, for the time, leave in the Seeger Sessions, but I would like feedback on that, if it seems like a waste of time, it's a waste of time, I think we all know "Froggie Went A'Courtin'" is not going to be in the top ten any time soon.

Anyways, please leave some comments, I've RUN polls for survivors in the past, but I've never run the survivors themselves, and while I'm sure it's not going to be the most difficult task of my life, I'd like to try and be accommodating.

My picks:

1. Born to Run
2. Magic
3. The Rising
4. Born in the U.S.A.
5. Tunnel of Love

Born To Run
The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle
Nebraska
Tunnel of Love
The Rising

I take it you are skipping Tracks and all the B-side material?

I'm not skipping them altogether, but I didn't think they should be in this poll. If you're telling me Tracks is your favorite album, then...fuck I screwed up already :lol:.

I'm not skipping them altogether, but I didn't think they should be in this poll. If you're telling me Tracks is your favorite album, then...fuck I screwed up already :lol:.

Oh, ok. No, I just missed that part I guess.

I'm glad you'll include that stuff though, as a lot of it is excellent and will be interesting to see how it goes.

Oh, ok. No, I just missed that part I guess.

I'm glad you'll include that stuff though, as a lot of it is excellent and will be interesting to see how it goes.

That's the main thing I'm trying to figure out what to do, is B-sides and stuff liked Trapped and Because The Night. I could Include American Land with the Seeger Sessions, but where does that stuff go? And there's a LOT of stuff on Tracks obviously, and I'm not all to familiar with it, so would it be in the best interest to just do 18 Tracks, some b-sides, and that stuff I mentioned?

Gotta tell ya, though one... these are my favourite five, no order though.

Nebraska
Born In the U.S.A.
The Rising
Magic

Hmmm... I'm torn between The River and Human Touch... I'll listen to those and then vote. :hmm:

That's the main thing I'm trying to figure out what to do, is B-sides and stuff liked Trapped and Because The Night. I could Include American Land with the Seeger Sessions, but where does that stuff go? And there's a LOT of stuff on Tracks obviously, and I'm not all to familiar with it, so would it be in the best interest to just do 18 Tracks, some b-sides, and that stuff I mentioned?

I would do one poll for each Tracks disc, and the winner gets to move on, and that's it. It would take too long to do it otherwise.

I would then do one poll for miscellaneous b-sides and other songs that have been released but weren't on Tracks. Again, the winning song gets to move on.

And while it is a covers album, Seeger Sessions deserves inclusion.

I would do one poll for each Tracks disc, and the winner gets to move on, and that's it. It would take too long to do it otherwise.

I would then do one poll for miscellaneous b-sides and other songs that have been released but weren't on Tracks. Again, the winning song gets to move on.

And while it is a covers album, Seeger Sessions deserves inclusion.

Oh that sounds good. Thanks, Phanan.

And you're right about Seeger, I just wasn't sure if I was the only one who felt that way.

Where's the E Street Shuffle and Asbury Park Bruce respect? :sad:

Raises hand, although Greetings has a few clunkers that prevents me from rating it too high. Anything with Mary Queen Of Arkansas cannot be considered his best.

I'm looking for the Darkness respect. Thank goodness for the Red Sox fan.

:hi5:

If Martha and Headache see this, they'd go for Darkness, too.

That was harder than I would have thought to choose.

1. Born to Run
2. Darkness
3. The Rising
4. The Wild, The Innocent ...
5. Seeger Sessions

Born to Run
The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ (Cannot believe I'm the only one who's put this so far)
The Rising

I'm an early Springsteen kinda fan, so, yeah I went with the first five.

Born to Run generally makes it into my list of favourite albums ever.

1. Born to Run
2. Rising
3. Darkness
4. Wild, Innocent, Shuffle
5. River

I've enjoyed every album I've heard, though Working on a Dream was probably my least favorite.

I really have a hard time listening to Lucky Town and Human Touch all of the way through.

Lucky Town, the second time I heard it, was MUCH better than I had at first though. It's not a bad album, it but it sure is associated with one.

The only things I really care for on WOAD these days are My Lucky Day, Life Itself, and The Last Carnival. SPECIFICALLY, Life Itself.

Back
Top Bottom