Favorite Bruce Springsteen Albums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your five favorites.

• Total voters
I also have a very personal connection to The Rising, so I'm going to defend it probably with a little bit of irrationality. Nonetheless, I love pretty much every song aside from Mary's Place.

Yeah, I'd add Lonesome Day and the title track to the list of songs waiting outside to kick NSW's butt.

I didn't see it live until the Magic Tour, which meant I saw the ridiculous 11-minute version. Not my favorite.

I think it was a one time only performance that made me love it, and had I seen it any other time, it probably would have been as ridiculous as ever. That whole show was on fire though, so, there ya go.

I think most big Bruce fans like Nebraska a lot, or at least they do in my experience. Phanan might know better than I.

ATYCLB is, believe it or not, my least favorite U2 album, so, Elevation is not high on my list. My favorite song from the album is, with ease, When I Look at the World.

Well, I love Nebraska, even though it took me some time to realize this. I mean, musical complexity-wise there's nothing special about it. But when he put those simple melodies along those lyrics, he just created one of the most moody-musical pieces of music I've ever heard. And it's beautiful. My Father's House is one of the most moving songs ever to me. Not to mention how cinematographical the whole thing is. I can see every song as a short film. Works perfectly.
Well, ATYCLB is my 7th favourite album. It just flows really well to me. When I Look is my second favourite from the album. A shame it wasn't used properly live. And well, it's not like I expect anyone to agree with me on Elevation one day. :wink:

Like I mentioned earlier, when I am in a certain mood, Nebraska just kicks my ass. Other times, it's just not as powerful.

I saw some people on this site get excited cos U2 are rehearsing Elevation, so you are not alone!

I actually don't love any Bruce albums after Born to Run. Darkness is great and all, but it doesn't really hit me like the prior three. And I like Nebraska and The River, but don't find myself returning to them often. The rest... ehh.

Like I mentioned earlier, when I am in a certain mood, Nebraska just kicks my ass. Other times, it's just not as powerful.

I saw some people on this site get excited cos U2 are rehearsing Elevation, so you are not alone!

For a long time it was a love/hate thing with Nebraska. But one day love prevailed. :wink:
:lol: Yeah, maybe... I hope they stop rehearsing only and play the damn thing soon.

I actually don't love any Bruce albums after Born to Run. Darkness is great and all, but it doesn't really hit me like the prior three. And I like Nebraska and The River, but don't find myself returning to them often. The rest... ehh.

I honestly did not know that you liked Bruce in the first place. Not sure how I missed this.

My three favorite U2 songs are Bad, Please, and Until the End of the World, so I can relate to your "not playing it live" pains.

I honestly did not know that you liked Bruce in the first place. Not sure how I missed this.

Probably because I likely only ever even mentioned it once, around the time I did one of the DI lists. But mostly because I'm really not crazy about any of his work post-BtR as I said. But yeah, his first three albums are the stuff of legend, and among my very favorites.

Probably because I likely only ever even mentioned it once, around the time I did one of the DI lists. But mostly because I'm really not crazy about any of his work post-BtR as I said. But yeah, his first three albums are the stuff of legend, and among my very favorites.

Interesting.

My three favorite U2 songs are Bad, Please, and Until the End of the World, so I can relate to your "not playing it live" pains.

At least Bad, even though it's not played ad nauseam like others, always sees the light of stage every tour. And I think this is the first time they leave Until the End of the World aside. So, you might get lucky.
Please is a whole different story, I can see they playing it live again, but it's a tough one. I don't really care about the song, but most of the U2 fandom loves it, so I would be happy to see them pulling this one.
Oh, my U2 top 5:
Elevation
Levitate
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
So Cruel
Zooropa

I'm used to the pain. :wink:

Hopefully at a show I do not attend. :) I'm 6 for 6 so far!

:lol: No problem, I hope they save it for shows I'm going to see. I mean, if I get to see one. (I guess if I do you won't be attending them - since I'm in Brazil - so we're ok.) :)

Piss, you talk like they didn't play UTEOW every night for two straight tours and often on the next tour. Same deal with Bad. Please, yeah, different story.

Put yourself in my shoes, though. You've never been to a show of theirs. I've been to over 40, and still have not heard:

I Fall Down
A Sort of Homecoming
One Tree Hill
Heartland
Acrobat
Zooropa
Do You Feel Loved
When I Look at the World
Crumbs
Fez-Being Born

all of which are my favorites from their respective albums.

My top 5, Heathcliff, in no order:

A Sort of Homecoming
Unforgettable Fire
Heartland
One Tree Hill
Acrobat

Though two of these could change from month to month.

It's going to be tough to knock Streets from my top spot, but the others come and go depending on my mood and alignment of the planets.

Where the Streets Have No Name
Zooropa
A Sort of Homecoming
Until the End of the World

Out of Control usually finds a spot on that list, but this summer I'm really digging Acrobat, so I'd make that one #5 for the moment.

Piss, you talk like they didn't play UTEOW every night for two straight tours and often on the next tour. Same deal with Bad. Please, yeah, different story.

Put yourself in my shoes, though. You've never been to a show of theirs. I've been to over 40, and still have not heard:

I Fall Down
A Sort of Homecoming
One Tree Hill
Heartland
Acrobat
Zooropa
Do You Feel Loved
When I Look at the World
Crumbs
Fez-Being Born

all of which are my favorites from their respective albums.

A Sort of Homecoming
Unforgettable Fire
Heartland
One Tree Hill
Acrobat

I was comparing it to him and Elevation, which was only given a rest for the first time on this tour. Of course I have nothing on you.

My making a top 5 U2 list is a tad ridiculous, of course.

Little Lord Piss, to be clear......it's not me comparing how many shows I've been to vs. how many you have been to, that's silly....it's just to show that a bunch of songs I truly love, I've still yet to hear.....but it makes hearing An Cat Dubh and Electric Co last tour all the more special, as well as the few songs I cherish that I've heard already this tour.

Props for Zooropa at least.

I don't think listing HMTMKMKM warrants any stonings, either. :wink:

:lol: Told ya, I have weird tastes... but yeah, HMTMKMKM and Zooropa usually don't get any strange looks from other fans.

A Sort of Homecoming
Unforgettable Fire
Heartland
One Tree Hill
Acrobat

Cool... even though I'm not a big fan of those songs, I like them all (except Acrobat). And lately I've been getting more into live (bootlges) stuff since I've download every remix/b-side/whatever I could find, so I'm starting to understand the whole love around The Unforgettable Fire live. Pretty awesome. :up::up: But I kinda feel sorry for you... it'll be tough to see Heartland/Acrobat/A Sort of Homecoming one day I guess.
My top 5 hasn't changed in a long time... but who knows. I had the luck to hear Elevation once back in 2006. But I don't have many expectations for the rest - not that this could affect the fun I'll be having and the happiness I'll be feeling at any show I manage to see.

By the way, on topic: Does anyone else feel 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) sounds a LOT like Bob Dylan?

I doubt I'll ever hear A Sort of Homecoming or Heartland...I hold out hope for One Tree Hill.

And we agree, I'm just happy to be at the shows I attend.

One Tree Hill is the most likely to be played out of those five for sure (except Unforgettable, of course). It was played last tour on the last leg. They still remember this one. :up:
Yup, as long as I'm at a show, the setlist is the last thing I'm worrying about. :)

Back
Top Bottom