Favorite Bruce Springsteen Albums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your five favorites.

• Total voters
Elevation is a pretty dumb song, but I enjoyed the hell out of it on the Vertigo tour.

Beautiful Day is weird ... I like it, but there's something lacking. It's lacking some oomph, and I feel like I'm supposed to like it a lot more than I do.

It seemed to become an instant U2 classic, but I was left on the sidewalk fiddling with my discman and trying to turn the bass up. ".... is that it?"

But if I'm in the right mood, it makes me smile.

Elevation is a pretty dumb song, but I enjoyed the hell out of it on the Vertigo tour.

Beautiful Day is weird ... I like it, but there's something lacking. It's lacking some oomph, and I feel like I'm supposed to like it a lot more than I do.

It seemed to become an instant U2 classic, but I was left on the sidewalk fiddling with my discman and trying to turn the bass up. ".... is that it?"

Beautiful Day is when I take the time to look around at the crowd to see how much they enjoy the show, which pleases me. Like you, it just does not do it for me.

The music and production on most of that album is bad. Dancing in the Dark? Could that sound any more dated and cheesy?

Apart from Dancing In The Dark and Glory Days (and to a lesser extent, the title cut), I don't think it really sounds all that bad. The stretch of Darlington County -> I'm On Fire is superb.

Pretty much sums it up for me. The other problem was that the preview cilp on the SC.com site was the end of the song, which is pretty much its peak. The song lacks balls otherwise, though I do like the middle eight.

Is that the "see the world in green and blue ... " part? That part is probably my favorite part, although the line about "tuna fleets clearing the sea out" always makes me stop short.

It's like this finger-scraping lyric yelling "shame. SHAAAAAME!!!!" in the middle of this song that's all "gee, isn't this world nice?"

Oh, and I think "the heart is a bloom" is one of my favorite lines that Bongo's ever written.

I hadn't looked in here, until just now. I just want to say, before leaving, that more votes for The Rising than The Wild, The Innocent, & The E Street Shuffle (which has, literally, the best side of music in the history of rock) means that this board is pretty retarded. That's all. Sorry. But, I mean...come on, people!

I voted for both. That may or may not make me less retarded in your eyes.

I'll try to find it in my heart to care. :)

I voted for both. That may or may not make me less retarded in your eyes.

I'll try to find it in my heart to care. :)

As long as you cast one for E Street, we're all good. You could vote for Tom Joad, for all I care...as long as you voted for E Street, too!

Dancing in the Dark reminds me of Elevation in that I bet diehard Bruce fans fucking hate that song....yet, in concert, everyone seems to be singing along.
I can attest to this. I remember listening to that song live in Philly, and looking down on to the floor, and seeing the people standing at the back of the arena literally swing dancing around with security guards to the song. And one can never fault Bruce with playing a hit when he's walking around taking fucking requests off of signs and playing for over three hours.
I don't really like Elevation or Beautiful Day all that much, but both are ok in concert. Wild Horses, though, I like very much, but then again I more or less love everything on AB, even if they should have let PFan produce the album.
You're goddamn right they should have. Or at least "Assistant Producer of Common Sense."

"Hey guys, this may sound crazy, but Edge is, you know, really good, and is probably playing his best stuff ever on this album. Maybe you should, I don't know, NOT bury 60% of his guitar parts in the mix? That's just me, though."

Is that the "see the world in green and blue ... " part? That part is probably my favorite part, although the line about "tuna fleets clearing the sea out" always makes me stop short.

It's like this finger-scraping lyric yelling "shame. SHAAAAAME!!!!" in the middle of this song that's all "gee, isn't this world nice?"

Weird, I never thought of it like that. I just took it as more descriptive than critical.

Wild/Innocent/Shuffle, Born to Run, Darkness, and The Rising are all classics, if you ask me. Greetings, The River, Born/USA, Tunnel of Love, Magic ... all damn good in their own right. Nebraska ... I agree with what Mike said, gotta be in the mood. I've avoided Human Touch and Lucky Town, as well as Tom Joad. Haven't gotten to D&D or Seeger. Didn't particularly enjoy Working on a Dream.

I can attest to this. I remember listening to that song live in Philly, and looking down on to the floor, and seeing the people standing at the back of the arena literally swing dancing around with security guards to the song. And one can never fault Bruce with playing a hit when he's walking around taking fucking requests off of signs and playing for over three hours.

That right there is my biggest argument for why U2 will continue to play the big hits no matter what, because, no matter what happens, even Bruce is always going to play BTR or Dancing in the Dark, it's just how it goes.

I hadn't looked in here, until just now. I just want to say, before leaving, that more votes for The Rising than The Wild, The Innocent, & The E Street Shuffle (which has, literally, the best side of music in the history of rock) means that this board is pretty retarded. That's all. Sorry. But, I mean...come on, people!

Oh, all those retarded subjective opinions. :tsk:

:rolleyes:

Dancing in the Dark reminds me of Elevation in that I bet diehard Bruce fans fucking hate that song....yet, in concert, everyone seems to be singing along.

I can see why you're making this comparision.
But since Elevation is my favourite song of all time and Dancing In the Dark is really boring to me, it's hard to agree. Also, I think there are Bruce hits that do the job way better than Dancing.

Anyway, I always thought Nebraska was loved by Bruce fans, but I guess I've weird tastes when it comes down to him too. :wink:

That right there is my biggest argument for why U2 will continue to play the big hits no matter what, because, no matter what happens, even Bruce is always going to play BTR or Dancing in the Dark, it's just how it goes.

No one is arguing that U2 should abandon all of their hits.

I can see why you're making this comparision.
But since Elevation is my favourite song of all time and Dancing In the Dark is really boring to me, it's hard to agree. Also, I think there are Bruce hits that do the job way better than Dancing.

Anyway, I always thought Nebraska was loved by Bruce fans, but I guess I've weird tastes when it comes down to him too. :wink:

I think most big Bruce fans like Nebraska a lot, or at least they do in my experience. Phanan might know better than I.

ATYCLB is, believe it or not, my least favorite U2 album, so, Elevation is not high on my list. My favorite song from the album is, with ease, When I Look at the World.

Back
Top Bottom