Favorite Bruce Springsteen Albums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your five favorites.

• Total voters
No fans of Queen of the Supermarket? (i.e. I'm in love with a McDonald's girl?)

That's one I mildly enjoy.

The fucking Wrestler though! I have a hard time listening to that song without tearing up a bit. That rarely happens for me... until I cry myself to sleep every night, but I digress.

Even the title of the album sounds more like a John (Cougar?) Mellencamp album than anything else.

Working on a Dream in Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuur Country?

No fans of Queen of the Supermarket? (i.e. I'm in love with a McDonald's girl?)

I honestly think that song makes Mary Queen of Arkansas sound like Born To Run in comparison.

WOAD is pretty easily the worst Springsteen album I've heard. There's My Lucky Day, The Wrestler...and uh...

And "The Wrestler" is more of a bonus track than anything else.

The Wrestler and A Night With The Jersey Devil deserved full inclusion on the album. It's not as if WOAD had some consistent lyrical theme that those tracks would have diluted. Pair Jersey Devil up with Good Eye, and place The Wrestler before The Last Carnival. Wouldn't make for a great album, but it's a solid improvement IMO.

Wild and Innocent and Shit is my favorite THE STEEN! album.

I'm going to use this thread to air a grievance:

"Glory Days" sucks ass.

I'm going to use this thread to air a grievance:

"Glory Days" sucks ass.

Yes. Yes, it does. I was really bummed it was part of the Superbowl set, but I suppose it was an obvious choice.

Oh, no. I don't want to ruin the illusion.

Heh. It's okay to pretend it doesn't exist. But WOAD, for the record, is not nearly as bad as The Album That Does Not Really Exist.

Okay, screw it, here's my list:

1. Nebraska
2. Magic
3. Born In the U.S.A.
4. The Rising
5. The River

EDIT: Wow, only six votes for Nebraska? That's surprising... I guess.

I'm blown away that The Rising beat Born in the USA and Darkness. Though I'm not a big fan of the former so that's kind of cool.

For me:

1. The River
2. Tunnel of Love (this should have more votes, even if it's not E-Steet)
3. Born to Run
4. The Rising
5. Darkness on the Edge of Town

It wasn't an obvious choice :sad: Baseball song is about baseball :grumpy: >_>

Yeah, that was my thought, too, but then everyone was all "No no no, there's no WAY he's NOT going to PLAY it because sports theme yada yada yada"

Annoying people are sometimes correct. :grumpy:

Dancing in the Dark reminds me of Elevation in that I bet diehard Bruce fans fucking hate that song....yet, in concert, everyone seems to be singing along.

I'm not a fan of the song, but I really did enjoy the live versions I heard on bootlegs from the last tour or two (?).

Born in the USA would be higher on my list if it weren't for that cheesy 80s sound that permeates the whole thing. Great songs.

I think Nebraska is really good and I love its mood, but the inidividual songs aren't some of my favorites (except the title track and Atlantic City, which I love), so it's not an album I pull out that often.

The thing about my Top 5 is that it should really be a Top 8, with Nebraska qualifying. Boy, do I need to be in a certain mood for that album, but when I am, it's perfect.

Yeah, it does seem to get a lot of hate. Of course, so does Who's Gonna Serve Your Wild Shuttles (another new title), and that's one of my favs.

I don't mind. I mean, the alternate was Ejaculation and I chose badminton over cock.

I don't really like Elevation or Beautiful Day all that much, but both are ok in concert. Wild Horses, though, I like very much, but then again I more or less love everything on AB, even if they should have let PFan produce the album.

Back
Top Bottom