Favorite Bruce Springsteen Albums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your five favorites.

• Total voters
By the way, on topic: Does anyone else feel 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) sounds a LOT like Bob Dylan?

I don't know about that, but it's probably my favorite Bruce song, and one of my favs, like, evar.

The more you know...

I don't know about that, but it's probably my favorite Bruce song, and one of my favs, like, evar.

The more you know...

Oh, I love the song. It's one of the best things Bruce done imo.
Forgot to say, to me sounding like Dylan is a compliment. :wink: I don't know, I've heard it now again after a long time and felt it could fit perfectly somewhere in Desire.

Now the greasers they tramp the streets or get busted for trying to sleep on the beach all night
Them boys in their spiked high heels ah Sandy their skins are so white
And me I just got tired of hangin' in them dusty arcades bangin' them pleasure machines
Chasin' the factory girls underneath the boardwalk where they promise to unsnap their jeans
And you know that tilt-a-whirl down on the south beach drag
I got on it last night and my shirt got caught
And that Joey kept me spinnin' I didn't think I'd ever get off

Might be my favorite verse ever written. Song makes me get all dizzy and romantic just thinking about it, especially being a seashore Jersey rat myself.

Why must you tempt my claims with enticing counter-proposals?

Incident is another one of my favorites. Has there been a more epic fucking song? Probably, but I don't want to hear it.

But like I said, 4th of July really hits home for me. Can't get enough.

Might be my favorite verse ever written. Song makes me get all dizzy and romantic just thinking about it, especially being a seashore Jersey rat myself.

The whole lyric is just perfect to me. Simple and beautiful. And again, it just plays like a short film in my head.

Actually, I'm just finishing to hear The Wild, The Innocent & the E Street Shuffle again for the first time in a long time - months I guess. Gotta tell ya, I feel bad for having left aside this album for such a long time. :reject:

Hold the fuck on. When were you a Jersey shore rat? I'm supposed to be our resident Jersey shore rat!

Bruce's first three albums have a stunningly high percentage of epic quality to them.

Since I was born and raised all my life in Cape May county? Probably...

I had absolutely no idea you were from South Jersey. Huh. Fascinating. I'm, of course, from PA, but I'm down the South Jersey shore for a majority of every summer.

Are you in one of the coast towns or inland a little bit?

I'll be back in Cape May County in less than two weeks.

I'm more or less in North Cape May. Meaning like just 5 minutes north of the island. 10 minutes drive to the beach. Last summer I was working in a restaurant on the Washington street mall practically on the beach in Cape May, but this year I'm actually 25 north working in Ocean City. It's a bit of a commute, but it's a sweet gig.

I'm more or less in North Cape May. Meaning like just 5 minutes north of the island. 10 minutes drive to the beach. Last summer I was working in a restaurant on the Washington street mall practically on the beach in Cape May, but this year I'm actually 25 north working in Ocean City. It's a bit of a commute, but it's a sweet gig.

Gotcha. When I'm there, I'm either in Ocean City, Sea Isle City, or Avalon, but usually Sea Isle. I'll be there the first week of August, though I'll be over in Ocean City a couple of nights. I'll try to avoid you so I don't freak you out with my PA swagger.

Interestingly enough, when I go to the shore away from Jersey, I'm in Delaware ... in Lewes, where my buddy has a shore house. Merely a ferry ride away for you.

If you're staying at my motel I swear to god...

...I won't give you a parking tag. :grumpy:

No, I won't be staying over in OC. I'll return back to Sea Isle, albeit late.

If your motel is near the main strip of the boardwalk, though, I'll probably pass it at some point. One night I'll be there with my brothers and cousins, which means I'll be headed to the amusement park on 9th that night. But whenever else I go, I'll likely be posting up with some guys from my high school.

I think most big Bruce fans like Nebraska a lot, or at least they do in my experience. Phanan might know better than I.

ATYCLB is, believe it or not, my least favorite U2 album, so, Elevation is not high on my list. My favorite song from the album is, with ease, When I Look at the World.

Nebraska has a whole lot of indie cred, too. Arcade Fire covers "State Trooper" fairly regularly and I know I've heard it tossed around as a hipster favorite of The 'STEEN's. Barely missed my 5 for the reasons you've said, too.

Why must you tempt my claims with enticing counter-proposals?

Incident is another one of my favorites. Has there been a more epic fucking song? Probably, but I don't want to hear it.

But like I said, 4th of July really hits home for me. Can't get enough.

"Jungleland."

If you're staying at my motel I swear to god...

...I won't give you a parking tag. :grumpy:

batesmotel718355.jpg

MOTHER!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet Christmas, that was supposed to be a picture of the Bates Motel. Sorry for breaking the thread.

Back
Top Bottom