Favorite/Best Cover Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2popmofo said:
It's a good cover, JT.

Fuck you, IWB.

There is no such thing as a good version of landslide because it's an incredibly annoying song.

i enjoy rem's version of "strange" better than the original. but i think i like it in album context better than i like it by itself.

Is there anyone who hasn't covered Hallelujah? Most covered song ever...

it's gotta be up there, but i was under the impression that distinction went to "yesterday" (at least that's what i've read. i can only think of a couple covers of it that i've ever heard, though. but i do tend to avoid beatles covers like the plagues that they usually are.).

I was almost never going to be able to forgive you for the "Landslide" comment, but then you said that :love:

How about John Lennon's vocal on the Beatles' cover of Chuck Berry's "Rock And Roll Music."

Fuck. That's some hot shit.

Seriously, that was fucking awful. For one thing, it was only a cover of like 20% of Ms. Jackson, and what they did cover sounded more like Welcome To The Machine than anything. And oh God those industrial drums sounded absolutely awful. Way to suck the charm out of that one, Vines.

And suck, in general.

Boooooooooo

This one is even worse. Boring ass Australian folk singer turns one of the catchiest, poppiest, happiest, most upbeat bittersweet love songs into a hideous, depressing ballad. And everyone here fucking loves it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf339KTTdUA

Hey Yarrr

Don't listen to the breakdown. You'll vomit. I got blocked from commenting on the video. :lol:

Hahahaha well, it was pleasant enough until the breakdown. Who or what the hell gave her the brilliant idea to sing every one of Andre's interjections? It turned into some sort of horrible Trapped In The Closet-esque clusterfuck somewhere in the middle.

Great voice though, seriously.

EDIT: Pretty shitty that she couldn't learn the lyrics and just read it off a piece of paper instead. Doesn't show a lot of respect to the artist.

Heh, I loved the Vines when they were first big - 02, 03 days. Saw them live and Craig Nicholls rolled a joint and then dropped it without even realising. Cover sucks bong water, though.

Not going to listen to Blasko's monstrosity, she doesn't do anything for me in the first place and I can't bare to see her ruin one one of the best songs of the last decade.

I dunno what Australia has against Outkast, but Cobbler is definitely on the wrong continent.

The Sad Punk said:
Not going to listen to Blasko's monstrosity, she doesn't do anything for me in the first place and I can't bare to see her ruin one one of the best songs of the last decade.

:up: the second she begins singing I'm incredibly bored.

Back
Top Bottom