Fartbarf and Lesser 2014 Albums of Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Iggy Azalea's album is the worst thing I've heard this year. Good God, it's atrocious.

Iggy Azalea - Work (Explicit) - YouTube

She's hot, which is nice, but that only improves her music videos. The album is still unlistenable garbage. I'm not black nor from the south, but even I'm offended by her fake accent.

Last edited:
I hadn't listened to Iggy Azalea before, but good grief that accent is awful. Come on, you're from fucking Mullumbimby!

I'm in total agreement about that dire Planningtorock album. Truly horrendous. It's like she sat down one day, briefly thought it would be cool to do an album about how all love is equal, and then booked some studio time and wandered in without bothering to actually come up with any interesting music or insightful lyrics. It's as if she expected the importance of the concept would somehow cause genius to occur, or obscure any shortcomings. That album is perfect proof that it doesn't matter how good your message is; if you don't bother to write good music or lyrics, it will still be unlistenable shit.

Though my least favourite album of the year is Anathema dropping their third turd in a row on their legacy. Good grief, every song sounds the same - cliche and predictable twinkly shit striving to pull at cheap heartstrings, and with Danny Cavanagh's voice increasingly thin and strained as he tries to sing in some "ethereal" manner that is not suited at all to his natural style (as on the band's late nineties albums). Please, Anathema, just stop.

I was pretty disappointed by the new menzingers album. "In remission" was so good, but the rest of the album was woefully one-dimensional. And had they not put that song up on spotify months before the album's release, I probably wouldn't have realized how good a song it is, because it's buried at like track 11 of 13 or some stupid shit. If I'd just listened to the album from start to finish, I would have gotten to it while utterly bored and not even noticed that as a single song it's lyrically superior by a county mile, and more musically diverse than its surrounding songs. Doesn't change the fact that "in remission" is a fucking awesome song, the album is just kinda bland.

The new Andrew Jackson Jihad is pretty abysmal (or at least the first 4 songs were, because that was all I could tolerate before it had to go away).

I mean....OMG SO MUCH NEGATIVITY WHY CAN'T U PPL LIEK N E THING!1!1!!!!111

I'm So Fancy is soooooo good though

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

This might ruffle some feathers........

The new Elbow album is probably my least favorite album I've heard this year.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

U2 - TBA

I honestly haven't listened to much stuff this year. Nothing seemed to capture my attention. It feels really weird that I'm looking to the new Interpol album the most.

I've mostly managed to stay away from bad albums this year. I would say Foster the People, but honestly I haven't listened to the whole album and I had very low expectations going in.

I know lots of people really hate Indie Cindy. It's certainly not up to Pixies standards of yore, but in the grand scheme of things it's a decent rocker, IMHO.

Come on, everyone, what are some of your LEAST favorite albums from 2014?

I'll start: My least favorite album of 2014 is Planningtorock - All Love's Legal

Exhibit A:
"All Love's Legal, you can't illegalize love"

I can't remember who it was who asked, "why are they just planning to rock instead of actually rocking?"

I haven't heard anything really awful this year yet. Dum Dum Girls was about as mediocre as possible, though, and Lazaretto disappointed me pretty thoroughly. Not a bad album, just certainly not up to Jack's White Stripes standards.

Lazaretto sucked, but I wasn't expecting to like it as the only thing Jack White-related I've ever liked was half of the first raconteurs album.

I've mostly managed to stay away from bad albums this year. I would say Foster the People, but honestly I haven't listened to the whole album and I had very low expectations going in.

I was very pleasantly surprised by that album...probably because I also went in with very low expectations.

Without having heard it or knowing anything about the artist whatsoever, I'm still willing to bet this is the worst album of the year so far:

homepage_large.edd85868.jpg

Every time I see that album cover, I think it's something new by Neon Neon...

...it's not :(

It's an enjoyable enough album, actually. Starts off really well but starts to grate by the end.

Riff Raff is full of that coooooke

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I won't say which is my least favourite of the year because Imperor and PhilsFan would kill me.

(Not that it's bad. I don't really listen to bad music. Just can't get into it.)

Back
Top Bottom