Fang Island AKA The Sound of Everyone High-Fiving Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These guys are playing the same festival in September that has Roky Erickson and Okkervil River. Perhaps I will check them out.

Just in case people don't know, the "sound of everyone high-fiving everyone" quote is from the band themselves, when asked to describe what they sounded like. This is why I love Fang Island.

I've been enjoying this album. I too was exposed to Fang Island on this board (although I missed the video - ?), so I appreciate all the name droppers. I've just learned that when I see a band mentioned repeatedly on this board, I should take note.

I hope to see these guys live soon. The music can approach exhilarating. :rockon:

This album is wild. And pretty god damned fun.

I f'ng LOVE when the vocals and everything drop out and that new guitar tone comes in around 2:20 or so on "Sideswiper"

Looking forward to seeing these guys in a couple months. Judging by the album, I think the show will probably be loud. As fuck.

I'm 1:00 in and so far it's boring the shit out of me.
Ah, here it goes.
I like it. It's happy.
It's like Rusted Root and Arcade Fire had some dirty liberal hippy love child that played electric guitar in Alcest.

It'll be on mine as well, Gaffer. :up:

I may as well listen to it right now.

There is one thing about Fang Island I'm not sure if I like or not.

And that is the similarity to the riff in "Welcome Wagon" to that in Judas Priests' "Breakin' the Law" :lol:

Treats, at the risk of sounding curmudgeonly, is just noise and recycled beats. What's a novelty record if it's not even catchy? I couldn't hum the melody of one song on there. I realize that's hardly the be-all end-all of great music, but it surely matters when there's no lyrical weight present. Maybe I just don't get it, maybe it's beyond me.

Fang Island made a really fun record here though. Kind of thin, definitely short, but it's exhilarating, and sounds fresh every time I hear it. Will absolutely see them live when I have the opportunity, as their music seems best suited for that setting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom