Embarrassing Musical Confessions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My confession would be that I like Live (the band). The Distance To Here would be one of my top ranked albums ever. But Live seem ever so unpopular thesedays.

They were a fantastic band, and then they released V, which had some cool new sounds but a few very average tracks, and then they became little too cliche with Birds Of Pray and released the awful Songs From Black Mountain. It's amazing how Kowalczyk's songwriting ability deteriorated so badly and so quickly. Throwing Copper is quite brilliant.

Alright, I was just going through my iPod, and I just realized I love a lot of Pink's singles. I have
"Most Girls"
"Just Like A Pill" (one of the top 5 pop singles of the decade, IMO)
"Don't Let Me Get Me"
"God Is A DJ"
"Stupid Girls"
"Who Knew"'
"U+Ur Hand"
"Dear Mr. President
"So What"
"Sober"

I know she gets a lot of hate for her apparent belief that she's edgy, and I'd never buy one of her whole albums. However, she's a lot more talented than a lot of pop stars out there, and she has some awesome pop songs.

They were a fantastic band, and then they released V, which had some cool new sounds but a few very average tracks, and then they became little too cliche with Birds Of Pray and released the awful Songs From Black Mountain. It's amazing how Kowalczyk's songwriting ability deteriorated so badly and so quickly. Throwing Copper is quite brilliant.

Would agree... their last 2 albums are pretty lame. I think V kind of burnt them in that they did try some new sounds but it backfired in terms of popularlity. So they went all lame after that.

I didn't say anything about the Single Ladies video :drool:

Alright, I was just going through my iPod, and I just realized I love a lot of Pink's singles. I have
"Most Girls"
"Just Like A Pill" (one of the top 5 pop singles of the decade, IMO)
"Don't Let Me Get Me"
"God Is A DJ"
"Stupid Girls"
"Who Knew"'
"U+Ur Hand"
"Dear Mr. President
"So What"
"Sober"

I know she gets a lot of hate for her apparent belief that she's edgy, and I'd never buy one of her whole albums. However, she's a lot more talented than a lot of pop stars out there, and she has some awesome pop songs.

Agreed... they're very catchy but man I hate all the ones from her latest album, mostly because they're still getting played 10 times a day.

I didn't say anything about the Single Ladies video :drool:

Agreed... they're very catchy but man I hate all the ones from her latest album, mostly because they're still getting played 10 times a day.

:lol: I never listen to the radio. That's why I got an iPod dock for my car. On the days when I forget my iPod and have to listen to the radio, I almost crawl out of my skin. It's bad.:down:

My ultimate guilty pleasure was the Spice Girls "Spice up your life" I loved that song and I had to hide that cd from my friends and boyfriend because I always caught hell for having it. :lol: :reject:

I do not have a guilty pleasure at the moment.

Hell, I have the Spice Girls Greatest Hits album on my iPod.:lol: That's my childhood. They were the first group I got into. 4th and 5th grade were some good times with my friends. We used to pretend we were them.:reject:

It's been out awhile now, but I have a huge soft spot for the song "Birthday Sex". It's been an anthem to all of my friends and I turning 21 this year. I realize that sounds creepy.

The-Dream's Love vs. Money is a better album than many of B&C's 2009 favorites. An R&B album with hooks and flow is a dangerous thing.

Bon Jovi's new album is quite good.

We Weren't Born To Follow
When We Were Beautiful
Work For The Working Man
Thorn In My Side
Brokenpromiseland

All great songs

I'm more than mildly ashamed to admit that I love Jordin Sparks' new song "Battlefield".:reject:

This is an old post, but it was at the top of the page, so I feel compelled to quote and and say ME TOO!

... then again, I have GaGa as my avatar, so it should come as no surprise that I love a well-done pop song. :drool:

I'm not ashamed of anything I like/ love.
It's kinda like the lyrics of "No Matter What" by Boyzone:

"I can't deny what I believe
I can't be what I'm not
I know this love's forever
I know no matter what"
:D

Back
Top Bottom