Elvis Costello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elvis! :bow:

And that album (When I Was Cruel) is also a pretty good one.
He hasn´t released any new material for a while (I think his last album was from 2006), so I´m hoping on some new Elvis soon.

And oh, then there´s the (46th :| ) reissue of This Year´s Model on 4 March (next week!).
:hyper:

I love how Elvis Costello gets his own thread here every month or so like clockwork. :wink:

I was just listening to "Oliver's Army" a little while ago.

mait.jpg

:love: :drool:

dsmith2904 said:
Elvis and the Impostors are opening for The Police at the Hollywood Bowl. I know that seeing him at the Bowl would be amazing but there's no way I'm giving any money to Sting.
Pretty much how I feel. Now, if it were hundred dollar+ tickets to see The Police open for Elvis Costello......now THAT I would consider :drool:

I can't believe that a guy who's been recording for like 30 years and has a truckload of albums to his credit is opening for a band that has, what, 5 studio albums and was around for like 5 years?

What a fucking disgrace. $ting is a whore.

We saw Neil Young at the Greek Theater, and then he came back to play Irvine, and Elvis opened. We went to the second show pretty much only to see Elvis. The best was last year at the House Of Blues. We were about 10 feet away from him at most. That was the best :love: I had some short video clips on my cellphone that I put up on You Tube.

Lila64 said:
We saw Neil Young at the Greek Theater, and then he came back to play Irvine, and Elvis opened. We went to the second show pretty much only to see Elvis. The best was last year at the House Of Blues. We were about 10 feet away from him at most. That was the best :love: I had some short video clips on my cellphone that I put up on You Tube.
I saw Elvis at Place des Arts here in Montreal a couple of years ago when he was touring with Allen Toussaint. It was the concert that they filmed for the Hot as a Pistol, Keen as a Blade DVD. I think they must have done 2 encores, but I ended up 2 rows from the stage for the first one and pushed up right next to the stage for the last encore. I was like five feet from the man himself as he walked offstage. Was so great :swoon:

Canadiens1160 said:
I saw Elvis at Place des Arts here in Montreal a couple of years ago when he was touring with Allen Toussaint. It was the concert that they filmed for the Hot as a Pistol, Keen as a Blade DVD. I think they must have done 2 encores, but I ended up 2 rows from the stage for the first one and pushed up right next to the stage for the last encore. I was like five feet from the man himself as he walked offstage. Was so great :swoon:

I believe hubby saw Elvis at the Hollywood Bowl with Touissant. Probably snuck in for free, too :shh:

I saw him on my birthday in 2002 at UCLA. I have the wristband sitting by my speakers. So many shows... Hubby can talk your ear off about Elvis. I hear it emanating daily from his workspace. Numerous live shows... You know where to find me if you need something :shifty:

Elvis is getting his own show on the Sundance channel. Ever since I saw him sub for David Letterman, I've wanted Elvis to have his own show. There will definitely be good music on the show. Perhaps U2 will stop by :hmm:

From the Associated Press:
Elvis Costello to host talk show on Sundance
Musician will talk to other artists about arts; Elton John will also appear

NEW YORK - Music giants Elvis Costello and Elton John are joining forces for a talk-and-tunes series to air on Sundance Channel.

“Spectacle: Elvis Costello With ...” will be a 13-week series on which Costello plays host to artists and other personalities for an hour of discussion and performance.

“This is a wonderful opportunity to talk in complete thoughts about music, movies, art or even vaudeville, then frame it with unique and illustrative performances,” Costello said in a statement.

John, who also will appear, will be an executive producer of the series, which is scheduled to premiere in December. Production begins next week in New York. No guests were announced.

“Spectacle” is one of a slate of upcoming programs unveiled Wednesday by Sundance Channel.

:bump:

He's doing some shows this summer. I saw some random east coast dates, and a few more:
8/19/09 - Wente Vineyards (Livermore, CA)
8/22/09 - Britt Pavilion (Jacksonville, OR)
8/26/09 - Ravinia Festival (Highland Park, IL)

PreSale info...

Elvis Costello Fans:

Elvis and The Sugarcanes are coming to Richmond, VA! The following date has just been confirmed:

4/24/10 - The National (Richmond, VA)

Because you have been such loyal fans to Elvis, we would like to offer you first access to tickets for these shows via the presale link below.

The presale will start tomorrow, 12/16/09 at 3pm - local time.

Presale Link: Elvis Costello

Username:
elvis

Password:
costello

:grumpy:
Too far from me...

In better Elvis Costello news, his 1978 'Hollywood High' show will be released on CD on January 12th.
Elvis Costello's Live Series Continues With 'Hollywood High' | Billboard.com

The setlist of that concert (according to The Elvis Costello Wiki ):
01. Accidents Will Happen
02. Mystery Dance
03. Lip Service
04. Living In Paradise
05. Goon Squad
06. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
07. Party Girl
08. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
09. This Year's Girl
10. No Action