Elliott Smith

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VertigoGal

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I know there are a few other threads on him but they're fairly specific..

he died 3 years ago today. :(

Anyway he was a really great songwriter and lyricist with some gorgeous tunes. Say Yes in particular I can't stop listening to lately.

I remeber totally cause I used to work with his half sister. He would come in all the time. I still cant get enough of his cover of " because".

Great song, Yert. I've randomly got more into a few songs from that album lately. RIP, ES.

I have all of his albums, two of his albums with Heatmiser, most (if not all) of his B-Sides, and a fair amount of unreleased demos and the like.

So yeah, let's just say I'm kind of a fan.

Unfortunately, I didn't even know about him before his death. So tragic. :(

I can't believe it's been 3 years. The loss still saddens me. It's a shame we won't get to see what other wonderful things he surely had in store.

i really liked the songs that were used it that matt damon/robbie williams movie. he was a fine song writer.

It took me a second to realize this was a totally old thread!

I like him quite a bit, but mostly in smallish doses. I have XO, which is great, From a Basement On a Hill, which I don't like as much, and the recent posthumous release New Moon, which I liked more than I was expecting to.

elliott smith is my staple soundtrack for autumn walks, i can't escape it. either way, whether autumn or not, he's definitely one of my favorite singer/songwriters, and it's a shame he's no longer with us and sharing his talent. i am a huge sucker for singer/songweriters with sad & pretty songs.

It took me a second to realize this was a totally old thread!

I like him quite a bit, but mostly in smallish doses. I have XO, which is great, From a Basement On a Hill, which I don't like as much, and the recent posthumous release New Moon, which I liked more than I was expecting to.

I find ES albums to be sleepers... they creep up on you. I'd had Basement for years before I all of a sudden decided "Coast to Coast" is the greatest song of all time.

Driving home tonight I heard 'Baby Britain' on my favorite radio station. Very good song, I'm downloading the vid on Youtube right now as I type.

Back
Top Bottom