Elliott Smith

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jokes not allowed now? That wasn't exactly topic hijacking, and I've seen far worse in other threads. And considering Smith's girlfriend was considered a suspect in his death, it's actually a relevant joke.

Elliot Smith isn't some kind of sacred cow.

On a slightly less morbid note, I'm literally addicted to Either/Or right now. I find myself listening to it once a week now, and if I play an album more than once a month, it's either brand new or something special.

Either/Or is great and, it might not be what Elliott would have wanted, but it always makes me think of Good Will Hunting...which is a movie that I absolutely adore. Say Yes, Between the Bars, Angeles, and Ballad of Big Nothing are my faves on the album I think. Also, Miss Misery from the GWH soundtrack is a great song.

But my favorite all-time Elliott Smith song is Twilight. I might have mentioned this before but a good friend of mine's girlfriend is a really talented singer/guitar player and she does a heartbreaking cover of that song. Lovely. Also, the Vampire book series is based on the song, FYI.

Back
Top Bottom