Elbow - Leaders of the Free World...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they are really nice guys elbow. thanks to my friend I had the pleasure of meeting them a couple of times. We are always on the guest list and in June we met them after the gig and had a smoke and a drink in a botanical garden . Especially Pete (the bass player) is hilarious.. I'm hoping, IF they open for U2 I am on the guest list again. It's probably the only way I can ever meet Bono and the guys (I would shit myself, but I live in hope.)

Oh snap, I forgot about them.

At least we got PJ Harvey during Elevation.

I will never forget about them :shudder: I think I had PJ Harvey and Garbage for Elevation...

:hmm: Third Eye Blind for PopMart - other cities got Rage or Oasis... I got Third Eye Blind :happy:

Zoo TV was Primus... I kind of liked Primus at the time so that was OK I guess :shrug:

Vertigo ;Snow Patrol (So and so) and The Thrills (Ok),
Elevation: Stereophonics (so and so)
Popmart : Skunk Anansie (crap)
ZOOROPA : urban Dance squad and Stereo MC's ( so and so)
ZOO TV : Fatima Mansions (they were crap)

So all in all.. nothing special..

I find Snow Patrol extremely boring, but I still think they would have been more entertaining than KOL.

I would have traded any time.. Snow Patrol wasn't that bad but like you said.. boring after 3 songs.. Kings Of Leon on the other hand.. I like (a lot) .. Can't believe the hatred sometimes for KOL on this board.. but hey.. it's all a matter of personal taste..

A big part of the hatred had to do with the venue. KOL was forced to play in an indoor arena, and the sound was awful. I couldn't hear a thing. Their music would have been much better suited to an outdoor venue. So yes, a trade would have benefited everyone. :wink:

KOL = Krap Out Loud. I would MUCH rather have seen Dashboard Confessional in comparison. Dashboard at least were important in their respective scene at one time, and Places You Have Come to Fear the Most was a pretty good album as well. Kings of Leon on the other hand made me want to die live, and the studio tracks I've heard from them were just as miserable.

I'm sure if Elbow does open it will just be in Europe. Idlewild friggin' opened for them over there as well. I would have committed murder to actually see that billing.

And U2 has apparently asked elbow to go with them on tour next year.. but negotiations aren't finished yet..

My first reaction was YAY! but then I sort of wondered how well Elbow and their music would actually translate to huge venues that I'm presuming U2 will play on their next tour.

I've seen PJ Harvey open for U2 on Elevation tour and while it was great to see my big favourites live back-to-back I'd have to admit that PJ is not that well suited for an arena.

I would explode if I got to see Elbow AND U2 in the same night. Holy shit.

:combust:

Seeing Elbow would make up for me having to sit through Institute, that's for sure.

Seriously Elbow better play for North America, we didn't really get many appearances this year from them, and to top it off they opened for R.E.M. but only in Europe. Not fair.

^I agree. I'd love to see them pull a Kings of Leon and open a whole North American leg. :drool:

pull a Kings of Leon:

suicide_jumper.gif

I don't even remember who the opening act for the second U2 show I saw was. What's his name? Gavin Rossdale? I can't remember, everyone kept calling him Mr. Gwen Stefani, anyways, his new band was the opening act. The first show was Dashboard Confessional. They weren't TOO bad.

Back
Top Bottom