Elbow - Leaders of the Free World...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a few of their b-sides/non-album tracks:

Asleep in the Back (yes, this was actually a song title as well)
Hotel Istanbul
Switching Off (Acoustic)
Can't Stop
Snowball

They're all pretty good, some of them are very good.

Not sure, I just downloaded it from iTunes a few months ago. Yeah, I believe Can't Stop and/or Asleep in the Back were added to the North American version of the first album (Asleep in the Back). They weren't originally part of the album though. I think I may have even imported it from the UK back in the day now that I think about it, I used to do that quite a bit (and still do for some bands).

He's too busy hitting his red button and playing with his balls at his desk.

Do they say that Coldplay are an Elbow ripoff? :wink:

I randomly switched to some Glastonbury concert on a channel my parents have at home this weekend and Elbow were playing "One Day Like This". It's cool to see a group you've seen play to a club of 300 people max perform at something that enormous.

This just won the Mercury Prize, I'm surprised because I was absolutely sure it would be The Last Shadow Puppets. Oh well, this must be a good album. Maybe I'll buy it :hmm:

Nope, me neither. They seemed really appreciative though - and a bit drunk.

Elbow is propably THE BEST BAND EVER!!!!! (you can't compare them to u2 cause they make a different style of music)

I am sooo happy for them! It's great that they finally get the recognition they always should have got!!!!

Cheers lads. Have one drink for me too!:applaud:

Stole this from EYKIW:

The Edge: delaying release will take U2 album 'to next level'

Plus guitarist praises Mercury Prize winners Elbow

NME, September 10, 2008

U2's The Edge has told NME.COM that his band are still writing songs for their next album.

The band recently decided to push back the release date of the follow-up to 2004's 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb', declaring they wanted "2009 to be our year".

However, while many were anticipating that the record would come out this year, U2's guitarist explained the band were still hard at work on the album.

"We're still writing and we're trying to take it to the next level," said The Edge. "Its taking a while, but I'm told there's no short cut to greatness!"

The U2 man - who spoke to NME.COM after presenting Peter Gabriel with Amnesty International's 2008 Ambassador of Conscience award in London today (September 10) recognising the legend's work in the area of human rights - also added the he was really pleased that Elbow won the 2008 Nationwide Mercury Prize for 'The Seldom Seen Kid'.

"They're a really good band, good for them," he declared, before joking: "More power to your Elbow!"

(c) NME, 2008.

How hot would it be if they were to open for U2 on the next tour? :drool:

I remember noticing Elbow back when Cast of Thousands was released but decided not to purchase the record.

Now I just listened to Seldom Seen Kid, and I'm quite impressed. I'll check out Leaders of the Free World as well...

(So much good music this year!)

Back
Top Bottom