Elbow - Leaders of the Free World...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
has leaked. for all you pirates out there.

it sounds good.

u2popmofo said:
What's it like compared to their last 2 albums?

compared to Asleep In The Back! Cast Of Thousands isn't that good

well, I'm going to look for this

It's kind of the best kind of a third album.. a bit of all the best stuff. Lots of great melodies, cool rhtyhms.. a lot of really catchy stuff and some neat pulses and rumbles and textures. First listen is never the ultimate deciding factor, though. It actually sounds more like Doves than their last albums, whether that is good or bad.

"the leaders of the free world are just little boys throwing stones
and it's easy to ignore till they're knocking on the door of your homes"

and cujo, darling, do you have the same name when you are complacent, carefree, and laid back, or does it change to something else entirely? :drool:

I've heard it already... very good! better than Cast Of Thousands definitely

about sounding as Doves, I thought it too

i got it from a torrent hub called OINK, i imagine by now it should have managed to infiltrate other filsharing networks..

here's the first song...
http://s38.y ousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1FTNZGXDPUY9I2DW2Z41SD6VOR

it's really good.. in the war of the britbands releasing vaguely similarish albums i think this one wins (over doves, coldplay, oasis, british sea power)

if you want the whole torrent file, is in libble.com (no invitation needed)

if you go on the radiohead board they have the entire album there. that's where i got it from last night.

so far i like it altough i haven't listened to it all yet.

I can't believe this was the only thread on this album. Ahh, the weakness of the modern day internet and "leaks", people are more concerned with talking about downloading the album than actually listening to it and discussing it.

Anyways, I think this is far and a way their best overall album. Certainly more consistant than their previous two. I haven't listened to it nearly enough, but I absolutely love the title track, Forget Myself, Station Approach, Picky Bugger, An Imagined Affair, etc.

I like this album a lot. I finally picked up the one CD of the three I was missing (Cast of Thousands), and Leaders of the Free World is definitely my favorite of the three.

Okay, old thread. But my brother-in-law just gave me this album to "expand my interests," and I have to say---I cannot get enough of it! It's fantastic! I highly recommend giving it a listen. :yes:

Saracene said:
Fantastic album and one of my favourites released that year, :drool:

Elbow and Doves should definitely be bigger than they are.

Amen to that, both are great bands. New Doves supposedly coming this spring/summer.

Didn't want to make another thread, but here's the video to the lead single from the new album.

Elbow - Grounds For Divorce

Cool stuff. Album comes out next month in the UK, hopefully it still gets released in the US now that V2 is dead. Thanks to former Interference poster, Elvis Presely (AKA Mr. I'm Too Good For Interference Now And Blog Way Too Much About Cincinnati Related Music).

I need to give that album another listen. I just couldn't get into it for some reason.

The lead singer's voice reminded me a lot of Peter Gabriel (whom I LOVE!), so that was a big plus! And the acoustic-y stuff kind of actually reminded me of early-Genesis, "Selling England By The Pound" era.

Surprised nobody has bumped this up since the CD was released here in the U.S.

My first listen through, I wasn't sure if it was as good as Leaders, but then I went through it again and am very impressed. On A Day Like This is absolutely incredible.

there was some discusion in this thread:

http://forum.interference.com/f221/elbow-185331.html

I really enjoy it (can you tell by my location? :wink: ), I think Leaders is my favourite but not by much anymore thanks to Kid...

My favourite tracks are:

The Bones Of You
Mirrorball
The Loneliness Of A Tower Crane Driver :drool:
Some Riot
Friend Of Ours

Strange. When I did a search for Elbow, that thread didn't come up.

Then again, I've noticed that the search feature hasn't exactly been up to snuff since the upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom