Elbow - Leaders of the Free World...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'seldom seen kid' is my favourite album of 2008! i love finding wee albums like this.... ones that just catch you by surprise! :applaud:

I was out of town and haven't had a chance to check that show out yet, Elfa. Do not fear, I will watch it any day now.

I love Cast of thousands! Fugitive motel is one of the greatest songs ever!!!
And lyricaly I think Guy is the best songwriter in the world. Nothing against Bono! :D
Just listen to Stop, Fugitive Motel....erm... ok, listen to all of their songs!!!!!!

Another band I started listening to because of this forum, thanks guys, they're freakin' awesome. :hyper:

Same here.
This forum has introduced me to so many great artists, including Elbow.

'The Seldom Seen Kid' is also my favourite album of the year.

Some Riot :drool:

I still prefer Leaders personally, but I agree with your other ordering. So I would say:

Leaders>Kid>Asleep>Cast

They're both very consistent and solid from start to finish. Leaders just has more "big songs" for me, so that's probably why I give it the edge. 'Tis a close call though, I agree.

Leaders has Station Approach, The Stops, Leaders Of The Free World, An Imagined Affair, Mexican Standoff and The Everthere...

Kid has The Bones Of You, Mirrorball, Grounds For Divorce, Weather To Fly, The Loneliness Of A Tower Crane Driver, Some Riot, One Day Like This and Friend Of Ours...

8 to 6 imo

Back
Top Bottom