Elbow - Leaders of the Free World...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:bump:

I recently discovered the following clips on youtube and thought I would share - it appears to be a longform music video collection that was originaly released as part of a special edition with Leaders Of The Free World, it has a bonus track called McGreggor (clip 7) which was not on the CD except for Japanese imports. Sorry if this is common knowledge, I thought it was pretty cool...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynqY...bow "Leaders of the Free World" DVD Chapter 1
YouTube - Elbow "Leaders of the Free World" DVD Chapter 2
YouTube - Elbow "Leaders of the Free World" DVD Chapter3
YouTube - Elbow "Leaders of the Free World" DVD Chapter 4
YouTube - Elbow "Leaders of the Free World" DVD Chapter 5
YouTube - Elbow "Leaders of the Free World" DVD Chapter 6
YouTube - Elbow "Leaders of the Free World" DVD Chapter 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajwQ...bow "Leaders of the Free World" DVD Chapter 8

So I'm watching last week's episode of Rescue Me, and Grounds For Divorce is playing over the final scene.

Good times.

I remember ODLT being played on TV spots for The Soloist in April, maybe it was the DVD for that.

Also I really wish I could get my hands on a copy of the Abbey Road/BBC Orchestra performance of SSK that wasn't bank-breaking expensive. The clips I've seen are mind-boggling.

Asleep In The Back - Reissued And Expanded In A Deluxe Edition

Elbow are very pleased to announce they will be re-issuing their highly acclaimed debut album 'Asleep In The Back' as a brand new Deluxe Edition on Monday 26th October.

Acclaimed by THE NME on its release with the first of four consecutive 9/10 album reviews as "Masterful melancholy", the album features NME Single Of The Week 'Any Day Now', recognised classic 'Newborn' and fan favourites such as 'Red' and 'Powder Blue', the track which earned them their first Radio 1 play from John Peel back in 1998 when the band were still unsigned.

Across the CD and DVD package, the reissue features a number of tracks from the band's 1998 self released debut 'The Noisebox EP', previously unavailable live versions of album tracks from their London Astoria show of October 2001 and the Steve Lamacq session of the same year.

A brand new and exclusive DVD has been compiled by long time collaborators 'the soup collective' who documented the entire album campaign. This brings together the videos for the single tracks with home movies from the band's time on tour and exclusive live footage including Guy's memorable stalling during a technical breakdown at a show in Glasgow.

'Asleep In The Back' Deluxe Edition is available from Monday 26th October.

Click here to pre-order your copy now.

The full tracklisting is:

Disc 1 – CD – The Album
1. Any Day Now
2. Red
3. Little Beast
4. Powder Blue
5. Bitten by the Tailfly
6. Asleep in the Back
7. Newborn
8. Don't Mix Your Drinks
9. Presuming Ed (Rest Easy)
10. Coming Second
11. Can't Stop
12. Scattered Black and Whites

Disc 2 – The Bonus Material
Noisebox EP
1. Powder Blue
2. Red
3. Theme From Munroe Kelly
4. Can't Stop

Live At The Astoria 2001
5. Bitten By The Tail Fly *
6. Coming Second
7. Don't Mix Your Drinks *
8. Can't Stop *
9. Scattered Black And Whites *
10. George Lassoes The Moon *

Radio 1 Lamacq Session 2001
11. Newborn *
12. Don't Mix Your Drinks *
13. Red

Disc 3 – The DVD
'Asleep In The Back' Movie

* Previously Unreleased

That's pretty sweet. Hopefully they release a North America version so we can actually watch the DVD.

Because I enjoyed The Seldom Seen Kid immensely, I purchased Leaders Of The Free World as welll......

.....so fucking awesome...

Guy Garvey is a genius, "Great Expectations" is the most beautiful song ever....the subject matter is soooo identifiable for me at the mo, and "Puncture Repair" and "Station Approach" :drool:....

Elbow are just perfect.

Back
Top Bottom