Elbow - Leaders of the Free World...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wednesday, July 29:
CBS: Late Show With David Letterman: Elbow

banana.gif

I hope they play One Day Like This!

:hyper:

I hope they play One Day Like This!

:hyper:

I suppose it could actually be something new if they're really going to release an album later this year, but I'm guessing it'll be One Day or Grounds For Divorce.

Have you watched the Silversun Pickups performance yet, GAF?

My money's on Grounds for Divorce unless it's a new song. It's the right length for Letterman. I was listening to The Bones of You just today...still my favorite song from SSK.

Wait, there's a new album coming out this year?! :drool:

Wait, there's a new album coming out this year?! :drool:

2010 actually, my bad (see Phanan's June 1st post on the last page). But they're supposedly working on it, so there's always the slim possibility of something new. Seeing as Grizzly Bear went out of their way to ONLY play new unreleased tracks on their TV performances in the year leading up to Veckatiwhateverimest, I suppose it's always possible that others would do something similar.

I'm expecting something from Seldom though.

Perfection. Perfection? Was it the same boring, static setlist they invariably do?

I already know that the setlist they performed in Chicago differed from what they performed in SLC, so you have been proven WRONG

y'know, they might not play One Day Like This because it's approaching 7 minutes long. Is that too lengthy a song to play on Letterman? Probably. Unless they did some sort of truncated version of it. But that would take away from the glorious build-up of the piece. Who knows. All I know is I'll be happy if they do play it. Wonderful song, that is. Holy cow. Drinking in the morning sun.

I am thinking about buying a ticket for their show here in Atlanta.

DO IT!11!!!

I already know that the setlist they performed in Chicago differed from what they performed in SLC, so you have been proven WRONG

Yes, but the concert was in Salt Lake City. Does anything that happens in Utah really matter?

y'know, they might not play One Day Like This because it's approaching 7 minutes long. Is that too lengthy a song to play on Letterman? Probably. Unless they did some sort of truncated version of it. But that would take away from the glorious build-up of the piece. Who knows. All I know is I'll be happy if they do play it. Wonderful song, that is. Holy cow. Drinking in the morning sun.

Too long. Would be great to hear it, though.

Yes, but the concert was in Salt Lake City. Does anything that happens in Utah really matter?

Here's a picture I took outside the show.

wagon_train_photo_large.jpg

Clearly, Utah is an exciting and interesting place that knows how to party.

Perfection. Perfection? Was it the same boring, static setlist they invariably do?

You know, for their tour I elected to experience the music via seeing them in person, instead of the same old boring watching them perform via people texting the set lists to friends. So, I was blissfully unaware of what they played the show before, the show afterwards, etc. Go figure.

You know, for their tour I elected to experience the music via seeing them in person, instead of the same old boring watching them perform via people texting the set lists to friends. So, I was blissfully unaware of what they played the show before, the show afterwards, etc. Go figure.

Logic. :down:

I fucking hate GA lines.

:lmao:

Here's a picture I took outside the show.

wagon_train_photo_large.jpg

Clearly, Utah is an exciting and interesting place that knows how to party.

:lol:

Disappointed to see they didn't make it on the show :(

But I get to see them next monday :dance: !! Of course, I would appreciate it if they came and played a whole show in Boston.

Back
Top Bottom