Elbow - Leaders of the Free World...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once I've listened all four albuns in a day
That day the list got pretty clear to me:
#1) The Seldom Seen Kid
#2) Leaders of the Free World
#3) Asleep In the Back
#4) Cast of Thousands

I think this is how it is for me, too, although like I said, the first two are kind of a toss-up although my love for The Bones of You is so great it might very well tip the whole record in its favor.

I think this is how it is for me, too, although like I said, the first two are kind of a toss-up although my love for The Bones of You is so great it might very well tip the whole record in its favor.

Yeah, it was kind of a toss-up with me too, but in my case is not The Bones of You that does what you said...

One Day Like This. :heart: :drool:

Not enough love for Asleep in the Back, its the one I loved most on initial listen, my appreciation for the later albums grow over time though. "Newborn" :drool: x infinity.

lol...

He likes them now doesn't he? For all you know, BoMac may go out tomorrow and buy every SINGLE piece of Elbow merchandise he can get his hands on... All thanks to file sharing... I think you owe file sharing a hypothetical apology.

You betcha! First chance I have at seeing them live, I'll do so and buy whatever I can get my hands on.

Elfa, I expect Leaders of the Free World in my inbox shortly. Thanks.

Holy cow! Elbow is covering Running To Stand Still by the U2's for an upcoming charity album. I thought some of you might like that. If it's been discussed before, feel free to ELBOW me in the face. Or shoot me or something.

Heroes album tracklist | War Child

There's some other cool people doing cool covers on there, too. TV On The Radio covering David Bowie, The Hold Steady covering Springsteen, Lily covering The Clash, etc. etc.

That disc looks fantastic, GAF! Thanks for listing it, I'll have to pick it up (hopefully I remember, or see it in the store). This makes 2 charity compilations in February I'm looking forward to (this one and the one by the guys in The National)

1. Beck (Bob Dylan – Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat)
2. The Kooks (The Kinks – Victoria)
3. The Hold Steady (Bruce Springsteen – Atlantic City)
4. Hot Chip (Joy Division – Transmission)
5. Lily Allen (The Clash – Straight To Hell)
6. Yeah Yeah Yeahs (The Ramones – Sheena Is A Punk Rocker)
7. Franz Ferdinand (Blondie – Call Me)
8. Duffy (Paul McCartney – Live And Let Die)
9. Estelle (Stevie Wonder – Superstition)
10. Rufus Wainwright (Brian Wilson – Wonderful/Song For Children)
11. Scissor Sisters (Roxy Music – Do The Strand)
12. Peaches (Iggy Pop – Search And Destroy)
13. Adam Cohen (Leonard Cohen – Take This Waltz)
14. Elbow (U2 – Running To Stand Still)
15. The Like (Elvis Costello – You Belong To Me)
16. TV On The Radio (David Bowie – Heroes)

Sweet. :up: Beck played Leopard Skin Pill-Box Hat when I saw him last Fall. It was great.

I finally bought Leaders Of The Free World a few days ago. I already have their first two and Seldom Seen Kid, and after seeing several people here waffling between SSK & Leaders as their favorite Elbow album, I had to see for myself. After a couple listens, Seldom Seen Kid is #1 for me, but I think Leaders is a bit more subtle in it's delivery, so I need to do some more listening before I finalize that order.

I finally bought Leaders Of The Free World a few days ago. I already have their first two and Seldom Seen Kid, and after seeing several people here waffling between SSK & Leaders as their favorite Elbow album, I had to see for myself. After a couple listens, Seldom Seen Kid is #1 for me, but I think Leaders is a bit more subtle in it's delivery, so I need to do some more listening before I finalize that order.

Leaders has been my treadmill listening the last couple of weeks and it's still neck and neck with SSK at this point. It took awhile to warm up to the ballads on Leaders but now I love them. I can't believe how much I've been enjoying Elbow for months now. I keep thinking it's time to move on and get excited about something else but I still keep reaching for them.

Leaders has been my treadmill listening the last couple of weeks and it's still neck and neck with SSK at this point. It took awhile to warm up to the ballads on Leaders but now I love them. I can't believe how much I've been enjoying Elbow for months now. I keep thinking it's time to move on and get excited about something else but I still keep reaching for them.

It's never time to move completely away from Elbow.

Diemen, much as I love Seldom Seen Kid, Leaders is my clear favorite.

Back
Top Bottom