Elbow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this bullshit?

The North American release of the Lost Worker Bee EP will follow on July 31.

...wasn't the point of a universal release date to stop this?

According to Metacritic, Cast of Thousands is Elbow's highest rated album. It has grown on me a bit but it is still dead last in my opinion!

But yeah, my love for Elbow comes pretty close to my love for U2. Just a great, lovable, underappreciated band.

I'm stupidly irritated about this. Why make a rule if people can still just do whatever they feel like? :angry:

What I like about this band is their attention to vinyl mastering and the fact that most of their vinyl releases are mastered well and put out on double 45rpm vinyl.

Which makes me even more bummed that there isn't a physical release of the new EP. :( Maybe someday.

Okay, so where the hell is the US release? Not on iTunes. Not on Amazon. I tried linking to iTunes from the Elbow site, and it says "not available in your country."

YOU BASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDS.

Edit: Found it! I swear it wasn't there an hour ago, but after I got to work I checked again, and it's on iTunes.

Last edited:
Ahhh, I've been in U2 marathon frenzy the past couple of weeks and didn't even realize there was a new EP out - just added it to my library on Google All-Access, will listen on the way home tonight!

I've only heard the single that came out with the album announcement. I don't even really remember if I liked it or not, because I totally forgot this was coming. :reject:

I just gave it a listen on Spotify. It's pretty decent! The second half is definitely stronger and has a jazzier vibe that fits Garvey's voice perfectly. Some of the slower songs are unmemorable on first listen but as a quick one-off release, I think it's worth digging into.

I may not like their music much at all, but there was a good interview with him in The Guardian and I quite like him.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

New Elbow album set to be released in Spring 2017

k77mhciihi1jaj2adfkl_zpsxuyhmtdd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom