Elbow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've really been enjoying this a great deal. The first few times I listened while at work, but it was too distracting an environment to really appreciate it.

Favorites are This Blue World, Charge, My Sad Captains, and the title track. Unlike others, Fly Boy Blue is one of the lesser tracks on there for me, although Lunette saves it a bit. I also think it could have had a better ending song, but other than that, fantastic stuff.

I don't know why I didn't like Real Life (Angel) right off the bat. It's aces. I also like Colour Fields more now than I did my first.

Honey Sun is easily my least favorite on the album. That one hasn't grown on me. The Blanket of Night is close, but there's something about the "carry her carry me" line that I really love.

YAY!

I'm sooo excited for the shows. Less than 3 weeks until I see them twice! I'm going to try and avoid setlists.

I hope you get "The Birds" at one of your shows. I imagine that song would really take off live. (Pun not intended)

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm trying to avoid finding out. I want to hear that one so bad, I don't want to be disappointed ahead of time if they're not playing it on this tour.

I figure if I realize after the show they didn't play it, I'll have loved the show so much anyway I probably won't care (much). :wink:

YAY!

I'm sooo excited for the shows. Less than 3 weeks until I see them twice! I'm going to try and avoid setlists.

Im-so-jealous-Community-GIF.gif

I don't like the first half of the new album, but the second half is really good. I think 'Real Life (Angel)' is my favorite off the album, with 'My Sad Captains' being a close second.

Saw them twice on their last tour. Didn't get a ticket for thier L.A. show, but . . . who knows. Maybe I'll change my mind between now and then. I heard tix were still available.

Was there much of a line-up? Trying to gauge how early I should try to be there in Vancouver and Portland.

I got here at 6:15 (doors open at 7) and there were around 30 people in line already

Sweet. I feel confident in my ability to get in the front row.

I can report that the merch is lame, two versions of the same t-shirt (standard and ladies) and a tote bag
:huh:

I haven't seen anything I like on their site or elsewhere, save for a random person at work I saw wearing a Leaders Of the Free World shirt a few years ago.

I interrupted his cell phone call (and apologized, of course) to tell him I loved that band. He did not mind being interrupted. (Sadly, he had a wedding ring on.)

Terrific show, Guy is one of my favourite frontmen. He is so genuine and charming its hard not to enjoy yourself at their shows.

Setlist for everyone but Cori:
Charge
The Bones of You
New York Morning
Real Life (Angel)
The Night Will Always Win
Fly Boy Blue / Lunette
The Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver
Great Expectations
Scattered Black and Whites
Mirrorball
The Birds
Grounds for Divorce
My Sad Captains

Encore:
Lippy Kids
One Day Like This

Listening to the new one for the second time. On first listen, I remember being a little disappointed that they appear to have gone full Doves, but I'm really not sure why that was a complain.

I'll come back when I'm further than two tracks in.

I'm seeing them tomorrow. This show really snuck up on me, so I'll need to find time to do a listening marathon at work.

The second half of the album IS better than the first half, but the first half certainly grew on me.

I caught their performance on Fallon. I'll never like this band, but it was pretty okay. Guy Garvey looks like a bit of a loser though. Overweight, bad clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom